ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 04:54 PM   #760
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

466-2
Hasbro- Transformers Combiner Wars: Groove.

I’m really torn on Groove’s inclusion on the Combiner Wars Protectobot team. On one hand, as a traditionalist, Groove should have been a full fledged appendage much like his G1 Counterpart of the same name. But on the other had, I’ve never been a traditionalist, am open to new ideas (including a 6th member that acts as armour), appreciate that they designed a new character and mold to the team (Rook) and this that it is ridiculous to suggest that a police cruiser would be able to size shaft to match a Ambulance or Helicopter is a bit stupid. I suppose for the purists out there, a new version was created, but I never bothered as these guys were not my favs from the cartoon.

Pros: I may be in the minority here, but I like that Groove was not a traditional appendage and appreciate the extra armour. Outside of that, I have always been a fan of a pocket sized Transformer as it was easier to take to a restaurant as a kid. The bike wins the best mode for the figure with design similarities to Akira’s red cycle, but the robot mode is decently possible which is still a win in my book for a figure this size.

Cons: As mentioned the Robot mode is a bit of a lanky mess, but nothing compared to the “third mode” as, as noted on the instruction, does not transformer or attach the way they say it is supposed to on the instructions. As long as I continue to collect, I will never understand how there could be an issue from the design, instructions to the real product...do they not have an intern to figure this out?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping