ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #19
iammingy
Clonetrooper
Re: Action figure collection inquiry

I open >=95% of my toys. I don't play with them like when I was a little kid, but I enjoy posing them quite a bit. I keep the package mostly for storage of collection not on my display shelf.

- Medium sized Lego boxes (over ~300 pieces) are kept because I want the pieces from different sets to be separate.
- Tuck-in flap boxes are kept (ie. 6-inch Star Wars Black, 6-inch Infinite Legends).
- Bubble clamshells are disposed without hesitation (ie. Toybiz Marvel Legends, NECA, etc.)
- Plastic shell on cardboard ... I kept the cardboard and dispose the shell (ie. Hasbro Return of Marvel Legends, Mattel DC, DC Direct, etc.)
- Statue and bust boxes and packaging are always kept.

My action figures without package, when not on display, are wrapped like a mummy with toilet paper and stored in a plastic storage bin. The toilet paper are for absorbing moisture.

You may consider this guy's idea of storing his 3.75 inch figures:
http://www.onepercase.net/2013/10/ar...n-figures.html

How do you guys store your recent Hasbro Transformers? The plastics are so thin and brittle. I don't dare to put them all in a bin because I am afraid that they will break. So, they are almost always displayed... to collect dust...

Last edited by iammingy; 04-06-2014 at 09:32 PM.
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping