ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #122
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

2-041
DC Collectibles- Icons: Flash

The Icons line is bitter sweet for me as I really had some high hopes that have since been dashed with disappointing articulation, odd scale and their ultimate cancellation before such amazing figures like Etrigan, Catwoman and Blue Beetle/Booster Gold two pack were released. To make matters worse DC Collectables actually went so far as to blame collectors and their lack of interest for the demise of the line. Well, duh. But also, how do you expect the line to thrive when DC lower tier figures like Mr. Miracle and Atomica are released before some of the major characters like Superman and Wonder Woman. I suppose like the rest of us, DCC had some high hopes for this line and the fact that they scrapped it in favor of the new Essentials line where they hopefully learned what collectors want.

Second round of icons starts with everyone's favorite Scarlett speedster, or rather second favourite depending on if this is Barry Allen or Wally West. In truth, I'm not sure I can tell the difference, but he looks to have a classic design, so I'll go with this being Barry. The design is quite nice and I do like the winged details on his mask and boots. Face sculpt is a bit generic and expressionless and given that the Flash is often portrayed in a bit more light hearted way, a face sculpt to match would be nice.

Articulation wise he's pretty standard, but missing that coveted thigh swivel that is absent from most Icons. For accessories he comes with interchangeable hands for playing 2/3s of Rock, Paper, Scissors; or punching and running as well as a full size cosmic treadmill, which i’m not that big of a fan of. Yes it's a cool accessory that is fitting for the character, but at the end of the day, much like for anyone who buys as treadmill, it just sort of sits there. Maybe in time I’ll put some effort into posing him better on it, as I do like the idea.

Pros: Overall a solid looking Flash figure.

Cons: Possibility is hindered by lack of key articulation and main accessory is kind of meh.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping