ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #681
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

416-2
Diamond Select Collectables. Avatar- The Last Airbender: Ang

Well this is fun. Admittedly I was a bit late to the party, but I have been a huge Avatar fan ever since my brother introduced me to the series all those years ago, so when Diamond first introduced these figures last year I knew they were going to be in my collection as soon as I saw them at my local comic book shop. The only downside is that I’m not the biggest fan of Diamond Select figures as I find their figures to be fragile and have lacklustre articulation. I also have concerns as to the longevity of this line and hope that we get a good portion of The Last Airbender figures, but also some Legend of Korra figures too.

Pros: Overall Ang has a really nice sculpt based on his appearance from Season 3, which incidentally is my favorite, a good amount of articulation, his trusty winged lemur Momo and a detailed wind effect that is held in place with an elaborate stand.

Cons: Unfortunately my first Ang suffered from a stuck ankle joint that prevented any movement, even after multiple heat treatments, so I had to get a replacement. Also the articulation for a “martial arts” type figure is really basic. Sure there are some poses that can be made, but this is Ang, the freaking Avatar. Where are the double jointed elbows and knees? Ab crunch? Or even butterfly shoulders? Also the lack of accessories in favor of the huge wind effect is really disappointing. I actually made my own glider staff just to give him something to hold, but I feel that at this price point, a bit more should have been included. One other minor thing is his face sculpt. Yes it looks like Ang, but he looks so unsure of himself; why not a more confident Ang? Lastly, and this is more of a comment on Diamond Select, the packaging is ridiculous. I understand they are consistent across all lines, but as Ang and his accessories only take up 10% of the space, the rest is both extravagant and wasteful.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping