ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #683
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

418-2
Hasbro- Marvel Studios- The First 10 Years: Ant Man and Yellowjacket.

I think this is my last of the Series 1, Marvel Studios- The First 10 Years 2 packs and it’s almost like I saved the best for last, or one half of this set anyways. Not to say that the Ant Man figure included is not good, it’s just that Yellow Jacket is really an AMAZING figure; which incidentally kind of pisses me off about these two packs. Yes it is cool that new MCU fans had a way in to pick up their favorite movie characters, but for long time collectors, they have to buy a figure that they probably already have (in this case Ant Man) in order to pick up a cool, unreleased figure (like Yellow Jacket). Of course the solution would be to include extras for the duplicate figures, such as a head sculpt, but I’m not sure that is enough to make the extra cost worth it. Thankfully it looks as though Series 2 has a bit more variety to the releases and I look forward to opening a lot of those great figures too.

Pros: Even though it is a repaint of a previous figure, Ant Man does have a nice sculpt with a lot of detail, great articulation and a unmasked head sculpt with a decent likeness to Paul Rudd. Yellowjacket is the real winner of this set and possibly the entire first series. An amazing detailed sculpt that is right out of the movie, is fully articulated and has a really great back arm attachment with a lot of moving parts just like out of the movie.

Cons: Outside of the re-packed figure, I’m really disappointed that Hasbro included the little micro figures, but did not include the little Ant figure that Ant Man was sculpted to ride. Like, he’s sculpted to sit down? What are people supposed to do with a mini sitting Ant Man? Weak Hasbro, real weak.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping