ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #689
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

019-R
Playmates- Laura Croft: Tomb Raider- Laura croft in Tomb Raider Gear
Approx release date: 2001
Current price and availability: $11.99
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-Lara-C...0AAOSwTQFdASRV

2001 was a big year for me: I married my high school sweet heat (still married), My first child was born (he just turned 18 and graduated high School) and apparently thought that Tomb Raider, starting Angiline Jolie was going to produce some amazing toys that will be well worth spending much needed diaper money on. Boy oh boy did that ever pay off hey? I suppose the movie did well enough to warrant a sequel ( that I never saw) and the source material was strong enough to try for a reboot (that I never saw) as well as multiple other games (that I have never played). Jeez why did I buy these figures again?

Pros: I’ll have to give credit to Playmates here as there is no lack of accessories included with Laura. Every figure has a veritable arsonal that would make Sarah Conner jealous. The likeness is also a decent match to Jolie (albeit a bit cartoonish) and it comes with a movie specific stand and working holsters that are always a plus in my book.

Cons: The articulation is really terrible even by 2001 standards and it just seems as though they threw the figure together with little thought of backstory or theme. Yes, it is nice that there are lots of accessories, except ALL the figures for the most part have these same accessories. Also, aside from a training robot and a stone statue guy, all the toys released were just Laura Croft; were there no other characters to choose from? I mean, I can’t recall anyone as I have only seen the movie once, but I assume so right?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping