ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 07:47 PM   #1381
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

839-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King: Morannon Orc.

I clearly have a lot of admiration for the Toybiz Lord of the Rings toys line, but one thing I really hated was the tendency to release GIFT PACKS with exclusive figures only available in said pack. Sure, I suppose it would work out great if you don?t have the other figures that were released individually, but chances are that you would end up with some doubles down the line, which for a toy line is kind of insane. At least in this particular pack there were two unreleased figures, but the others were Legolas and Gimili who are among the most popular and likely already purchased. In any case, yay for collecting loose and years later given that I was able to buy three figures from this set for a lot less than the set itself with no duplication.

Pros: For all intensive purposes I think the Morannon Orc could have been an amazing army builder if one had the means and the space. Now I don?t recall seeing it on screen, but given the general generic look, I assume it is modeled after the basic infantry Orc, which works for me as I love these kinds of background figures. The sculpt is outstanding and the articulation is good enough for the pose I like for him.

Cons: Action features were a big part of these toys and remain to be my least favorite part. Not so much that it ruins the pose-ability of this particular figure, but more that a big pin coming out of his back ruins the overall look.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping