ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 04:25 PM   #1382
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

840-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: Gondorian Swordsman

Looking at the aftermarket price for the Gondorian Swordsman a prospective buyer may think one of three things: 1. He?s a rare figure that likely was released at the end of the Toybiz LOTRs run. 2. He?s a generic soldier so army builder collectors may want a number of these to fill their ranks. 3. The figure is excellent. As for me, I think it?s a combo of all three given that he was one of the last releases, he is an army builder with accessories that allow for a few different looks, and he genuinely is one of the best Toybiz LOTR figures that I have in my collection. Also, can we take a moment to appreciate that mustache?

Pros: The Gondorian Swordsman has a beautifully detailed sculpt, a bunch of accessories including a sword and sheath, a shield embossed with the white tree of Gondor, a removable helmet, a longbow and 4 arrows with their own quiver for storage.

Cons: Overall while the articulation points are there, the actual ability to pose is very limited given all the plastic armor. For whatever reason mine also has some of the stiffest shoulder joints that I have ever seen on a Toybiz figure which makes me super nervous given many toys break in this location. Lastly, and I?m not sure if this is a loose figure thing, but there is no bow string on the long bow making it just look like a curved stick.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping