ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 04:31 PM   #1331
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

813-2
NECA- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Casey Jones and Raphael in Disguise

Probably my last NECA Turtles movie figures unless I can find April O?Neil and I can?t say that I?m surprised that they are amazing. Seriously, kudos to NECA for producing some of the best 6? figures on the market and double kudos for not making them cost an arm and a leg. Granted I did pick these up prior to the big price increase, but the point stands, pound for pound these are amazing figures and Hasbro should take some hints. What makes these so different? 1. Amazing unique sculpts: Probably the most expensive part of toy development is the cost of molds needed to inject plastic into and these are all both sculpted beautifully and are unique to these characters. Granted I?m sure there are some similarities with the 4 turtles, but given that they are basically the same on the screen, I don't have a problem with it. 2. Inclusion of soft goods. Certain other companies have moved away from soft goods, likely due to cost and rely way too heavy on hard plastic for jackets, dresses and coats. Ninety precent of the time it works fine, but the other ten creates all sorts of issues with posing and articulation. 3. Accessories: there are legit too many accessories with this pack. It?s not like I?m complaining, but this is way better than a spare set of hands and a different head sculpt (if you are lucky). Overall I wish that NECA was more prominent in Canada, but there is some potential seeing as though Toys R Us has started carrying a decent selection of figures.

Pros: Casey Jones: I actually really enjoyed Casey Jones in the TMNT movie and really appreciate that they included him so early on in the franchise. The sculpt is fantastic and captures his ?everyman? physique pretty well. The articulation works well enough for posing and I love how many accessories/weapons he comes with.

Raphael: Overall a way cool figure and much different than the original release. I love the soft goods overcoat and once I got the hat to work property: I loved it too. I didn?t take everything off to see what was underneath, so I assume it?s as good as the first one with a solid sculpt and nice articulation throughout.

Cons: Casey Jones & Raphael: I really have nothing bad to say about either figure and if you are able to track down the set I highly recommend it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping