ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 02:41 PM   #1337
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

817-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Adam Warlock.

So what do you like better: Space or Old. I’ve heard it before jokingly on a podcast, but think it is a valid question when it comes to an individual’s popular culture preferences. I mean, think about it: do you gravitate to Sci-Fi stories or Fantasy? Are you a fan of Star Trek or Lord of the Rings? SPACE or OLD? I suppose there are a few outliers that may not fit that mold exactly, but for the most part every “geeky” movie fits into those two categories in some way or another. I myself am a fan of both, with the caveat that it really depends on the series. For example, I ADORE the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, but am not a fan of Game of Thrones. I mean I should like it, but it just never resonated with me. This brings me to Marvel and their different genres. Yes it is cool that space is a big part of their universe, and while I am a fan of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, I’ve just never enjoyed the space themed comics. Perhaps the ever growing cosmic wing of the MCU will change my mind as well as my feelings of indifference to Adam Warlock.

Pros: I’m sure a lot of folks were excited for this figure’s release, but not me. I mean, he’s fine however I haven’t ever had a connection to the character nor do I think the figure is particularly well done. Ok, I’m being too harsh, especially for the “PROS” section of the review so I will concede that both heads are pretty great and I appreciate the energy effects.

Cons: Put a Dr. Strange head on this figure and you have my reasoning as to why this figure is so generic. Perhaps it’s my own ignorance to the character, but Hasbro probably could have done a better job to make this an actual Adam Warlock figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping