ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #1338
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

818-2
Mattel- Jurassic Park Amber Collection: Ian Malcolm

So I?m an idiot twice in a row and it?s somewhat fitting that it involves the self described ?chaostician? Dr Ian Malcolm. See a number of years ago I was on vacation and came across a Mattel Jurassic Park Amber collection Ian Malcom, such as this, at a Game Stop in Maui, Hawaii and passed on it. Sure, I love Jurassic Park and think a figure like Dr Malcom would be a neat edition to my collection, but he was just one figure and at that time it seemed odd to do ?one-offs?, besides I?m sure it would eventually come to Canada right? RIGHT? It wasn?t until I saw his cast mate Dennis Nedry on the pegs at my local Toys R Us that I knew I missed the preverbal boat on a retail release for Malcolm. Too bad really given that I was now enamored with the line after picking up the portly computer genius, but also after I found out that basically the entire cast was being released. Thankfully I was able to pick him up on the aftermarket, but you would have thought I?d learn my lesson.

Fast forward to last April where we were in Florida on vacation and a trip to Target would spark my Jurassic interest once more. News to me, but Mattel is producing a line of smaller scale Jurassic Park themed figures including 3 ? figures and Dinosaurs starting off with, you guessed it, Dr Ian Malcom. I was smitten with these at first, but initially passed on them for the size alone, besides if I changed my mind I could always go pack and get them. A day later I had to head back to Target for supplies and guess what: They were gone: all of them. Shocking right? Well over the next 2 weeks I would check out the odd Target location to see if that was just an odd store anomaly, but nope, nothing. ***Sigh***

Hopefully in time they will make their way into Canadian stores, but I?m not holding my breath.

Pros: If you are looking for an action figure to perfectly capture the lanky, sexy and fascinating character that is Dr Ian Malcom then look no further. Much like Dennis Nedry before, Malcolm is not so much an Action figure, but a toy based on a normal dude, which for fans of the series is basically perfect. Great sculpt, decent articulation and amazing accessories makes him a must own for any Jurassic Park Fan.

Cons: Not that I?m complaining, but the included ?amber stand? is only really useful if you want to pose the figure standing feet shoulder width apart without bent knees. Boo!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping