ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #241
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

121-2
Bandai Tamashii Nations- Movie Realization- Star Wars: Samurai General Darth Vader.

First off, kudos to Bandai for making a really beautiful figure. The detail on the sculpt is fantastic and captures the feudal Japanese look that is typical of this line. As with the others in the line, he comes complete with multiple accessories and hands/fists and a good amount of articulation that are both perfect for dynamic posing. Also kudos to Bandai for including 2 different styles of fists emulating his one robotic hand of Prequel fame. My only complaint, and this is not really limited to this figure in particular, is that Vader doesn’t lend himself to very compelling action poses. For instance, have we ever seen Vader run? Jump? Even bend his knees? Perhaps it was my armature photography skills, but I felt that all my action shots look just a bit off, but maybe it's because anything more than a imposing stance just looks off to the eye.

Pros: Amazing sculpt with great articulation and accessories. A fantastic figure for any Star Wars fan looking for a unique take on one of the most iconic villains of all time, Darth Vader

Cons: His plastic cape is a bit of a hindrance when posing.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping