ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #242
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

122-2
Hasbro- GI Joe- Retaliation: GI Joe Trooper

Did anyone else participate in the GI Joe mail away offer to “join” the Steel Brigade? For those unaware it was your basic 80’s mail away program where you would fill out a very professional seaming personality test, send some “points” and a cheque for shipping / handling and wait 6-8 weeks for an exclusive figure and personalized character sheet complete with Code name. It was an extremely cool promotion and I totally bought in. I even displayed my character sheet in a homemade, custom frame with my code name “Stingray” etched into the wood; my Mom was so proud. Anyways, that is a pretty lengthy way to say that I appreciate when generic Joes are released because it’s fun, for me anyways as a kid, to make up my own characters to interact with the other Joes.

Pros: Loads of accessories for extended adventures with a good range of motion provided by nice amount articulation for the size.

Cons: While I appreciate the unmasked head, I feel that 2 masked heads would have been preferable so, like the aforementioned Steel Brigade figure, any kid make up their own character. Also, why no stand!?!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping