View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #952
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
maybe...

if your crazy enough to pay a large markup then who is the real fool ?
This. Period.

If you are willing to over pay by 10 to 20 bucks, you are a sucker. To clarify my stance; I dont think people who buy multiples of the same figure are scalpers as I'm aware of the trade market within the collector community (as well as those like myself who tend to pose their figures for display/photography wanting extras in case of eventual joint wear) but when you buy a figure with the sole purpose of selling it for a gain, that's scalping. When you come across Professor X at toys r us and you see dollar signs instead of "sweet, I'm almost done completing my 90's X Men collection" you might be a scalper.

People are just impatient and tend to be ready and willing to pull the trigger to over pay for a figure because it has alluded them for 2 weeks at retail. I can only really think of a few Legends figures that were near impossible acquiring the last couple years: Mysterio, Thing and Cyclops...and the later did at least see a bit of a re release on sites like amazon for standard pricing.

Hasbro seems to have stepped up their supply and demand game quite a bit. Most of the waves are readily available after about 3 weeks of their initial release date. So unless you have a YouTube channel where you need to post reviews of a figure right away to get as many views as possible, just wait it out because 9 times out 10 you're going find the figure in store or online. Stop over paying and the problem will enventually go away, you will still be fighting your fellow collectors to get the figures but at least the secondary market will fade away some.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 03-18-2019 at 12:23 PM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping