ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #367
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

200-2
Bandai- Thundercats- Mumm Rah.

Well, this is a bit anticlimactic isn’t it? My special 200th review is for this mediocre figure (not going to bury the lead) and while I have really appreciated the Bandai Thundercat line and the Cartoon that it was based on, but as far as a franchise goes this will probably be my last brush with anything Thundercat related unless they scrap Roar in favor of finishing off the 2011? Doubtful I’m sure, but if Young Justice can do it perhaps there is some hope.

Pros: Overall for a 3 ¾ figure Mumm Ra looks really great as they did a nice job on the sculpt. I also appreciate how Bandai dealt with the hard plastic skirt issue that tends to limit hip articulation by attached each section separately. I’m not saying that this would work for a figure like “Toy Box Luke Skywalker”, but it’s nice to see that they actually tried.

Cons: Like with the other Thundercat figures of this size, the articulation is just not usable and actually takes away from the overall figure. I realize that these were released in tandem with a vehicle line that these were designed to be played together, but as standalone figures they are just ok.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping