ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:29 PM   #441
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

251-2
DC Collectibles- BatmanThe Animated Series: Batman.

Wow, thirteen figures in and we finally got the titular Batman from the original animated series in toy form and too be honest, not sure it was worth the wait as it feels like a repaint of the Batman from the New Adventures of Batman. I should say that I don’t believe that it is a repaint and assume it's a new mold throughout, but given the design is so similar, it’s difficult to not feel that way. Overall it’s a nice figure, but on my own omission, it was a bit anticlimactic given that the first Batman release was so much better with more accessoires. I will also say that the first Batman has a bit of a special place in my heart as it was the first figure that I started my open a toy thread with.

Pros: As with the other DC Collectibles Batman figures Batman looks really great and despite my initial misgivings as it seeming like a repaint, it’s clearly not with series specific sculpting that looks just a bit different that the Adventures of Batman/Justice League style figures. He also has a decent amount of articulation, some extra hands/fists and typical bat tools that he uses throughout the series. The figure also does not seem to suffer from the brittle plastic issues that the initial line did, so that's a plus for sure.

Cons: My only complaint (outside of those wretched stands) is that this Batman should have been the overall icon of the line, but came out later and seems inferior. I’m not certain DC Collectables thinking behind the release order, but I suppose there are many more other BTAS series figures including the BatMobile and the expression pack that have more than made up for it.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping