ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-22-2022, 01:03 PM   #5461
Eko123
Body without Organs
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah wow seeing that BAF comparison, ouch yeah, the BAF looks so much better, I really wish I'd have built that BAF, but it slipped by my grasp at retail price, I'm still getting this retro card figure, but ugh looking at the side by side, I wish Hasbro just re-released the BAF with a slight difference like I'd have hoped, I'm hoping maybe the Select Apocalypse might be the perfect one, but still waiting on actual pictures and info.
Years ago, I almost didn't finish the BAF because the Psylocke figure in the wave was pretty much impossible to find in Toronto.

I only lucked out when my brother found it on a trip to the U.S., and what was weird is that the store he went to had tons of Psylocke figures.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #5462
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I think part of why she was so hard to get is due to Hasbro releasing two versions of her (black hair and purple hair). I know my friend wanted to get both versions, so the variant caused the demand for her to double from what it might normally be.

I only ever got the black hair one (which I think is the more common one).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:49 PM   #5463
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I think part of why she was so hard to get is due to Hasbro releasing two versions of her (black hair and purple hair). I know my friend wanted to get both versions, so the variant caused the demand for her to double from what it might normally be.

Yeah this was definitely the reason behind Psylocke being so hard to find, I know I wanted that Purple hair version for the head, I never saw the Purple Hair fig though ever.

It was supposed to be that the Purple hair was the running change and was going to be the more common figure, but it turned out the opposite, the purple hair was supposed to be the "fix" figure.

anyways it was Multiple man that really stuck it to me, everyone wanted of course multipes and he went up in price so quickly, I also really didn't want that Magneto, and Gladiator I kept passing on thinking he'd pegwarm, boy was I wrong in the end, the BAF piece made him skyrocket in price.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:56 PM   #5464
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Yeah this was definitely the reason behind Psylocke being so hard to find, I know I wanted that Purple hair version for the head, I never saw the Purple Hair fig though ever.

It was supposed to be that the Purple hair was the running change and was going to be the more common figure, but it turned out the opposite, the purple hair was supposed to be the "fix" figure.

anyways it was Multiple man that really stuck it to me, everyone wanted of course multipes and he went up in price so quickly, I also really didn't want that Magneto, and Gladiator I kept passing on thinking he'd pegwarm, boy was I wrong in the end, the BAF piece made him skyrocket in price.
I have liked Gladiator after seeing him punch Juggernaut over the horizon in the cartoon
Marvellegendsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:05 PM   #5465
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post

Oh, I always assumed the purple hair was the more common version. That's the one my brother was able to find for me from the U.S.

Personally, I think they should re-release the Psylocke, Multiple Man, the classic Cyclops (from the Toys R Us exclusive 2-pack with Dark Phoenix) and a green Phoenix (repainted version of the Dark Phoenix figure) on Retro Cards. I'm sure they would sell very well like the retooled Rogue figure did.

Last edited by Eko123; 06-22-2022 at 08:08 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #5466
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

I would be down for the Phoenix. I luckily started my collection when a lot of the Jim Lee figures were new and still have all of them in their package (including purple hair Psylocke) but missed a few key figures and the Retro line is a good way for new fans to get caught up on figures they missed the first time around.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:32 AM   #5467
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Yeah wow seeing that BAF comparison, ouch yeah, the BAF looks so much better, I really wish I'd have built that BAF, but it slipped by my grasp at retail price, I'm still getting this retro card figure, but ugh looking at the side by side, I wish Hasbro just re-released the BAF with a slight difference like I'd have hoped, I'm hoping maybe the Select Apocalypse might be the perfect one, but still waiting on actual pictures and info.
That BAF is good, but my favourite is still the 2006 Toybiz one, just for the size of him.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:34 PM   #5468
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
For 2022 maybe.

Honestly the wave is probably going to be (or is?) a peg warmer. The movie was good, but I don't see a lot of interest for any of the wave, including the comic figures. As well the BAF is a pretty niche character both in the MCU and in the comics, and his look isn't all the cool outside of his head (personal opinion).

I wouldn't be surprise to find these on sale for even less next year sometime.
Oh no the movie was not good.... Even Marvel's better movies like Eternals and Shang Chi had pretty bad toy sales. I think part of it is people trying to lose interest after the Avengers wrapped up. And none of the new characters really stand out. Doctor Strange really is a meh character.
I can see people picking up Wong because he's popping up in different movies.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:05 PM   #5469
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

Shang Chi and Eternals failed because the characters were unknown to many people and the toys came out way before the films.

With Doctor Strange it's just a bad wave. We just got a good Strange in the No Way Home wave, Mordo is cool but hasn't done too much in the MCU, the BAF is a background extra, spirit form Strange is a weird choice and so on. Wong is great and America is a nice figure but who knows how important to the MCU she will be going forward. The cool stuff like Wanda, the Zombie, the Illuminati members don't appear in the wave at all.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 09:02 PM   #5470
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
Shang Chi and Eternals failed because the characters were unknown to many people and the toys came out way before the films.

With Doctor Strange it's just a bad wave. We just got a good Strange in the No Way Home wave, Mordo is cool but hasn't done too much in the MCU, the BAF is a background extra, spirit form Strange is a weird choice and so on. Wong is great and America is a nice figure but who knows how important to the MCU she will be going forward. The cool stuff like Wanda, the Zombie, the Illuminati members don't appear in the wave at all.
I think the biggest problem of the movie was the character of America nobody cares who she is. It was a very weak plot compared to like similar storylines like Terminator 2 where you actually care about John Connor. That was my first impression of the movie.

And you are right I don't know if it's because to avoid spoilers but the wave itself is pretty weak you have two doctor strangers when like you mentioned No Way Home wave already released one.
I think if Hasbro was being less cheap and created a new mold for that winter jacket Doctor Strange with a mug that might have been a more interesting figure
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote