ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-25-2023, 03:44 PM   #2591
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I snagged him last year at Marshall's for $15 as well. They also had Pumpkin Rapper for $15 at the time.

It, unfortunately, still seems to come down to luck to get these deals.
Yeah always does, I am one of those people who rarely have that luck, although I did get a white ranger from Winners for 11.99 back when the line was still new.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:55 PM   #2592
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

damn it man. i REALLY needed that Ecliptor and Astronema set. For $35 I would have bought. I never have luck with these kinds of flash sales. When I look there isnt any deals. When I don't look I end up missing them. Getting really annoying at this point.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:58 PM   #2593
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
damn it man. i REALLY needed that Ecliptor and Astronema set. For $35 I would have bought. I never have luck with these kinds of flash sales. When I look there isnt any deals. When I don't look I end up missing them. Getting really annoying at this point.
Hey man same here, we just ain't the ones. some get the spoils some get the dust.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #2594
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I have a question if someone could satisfy my curiosity. I was at my GS earlier and managed to pick up the In Space blue and Glider for $34 before tax. The girl rang it up as the regular price with edge discount despite there being a red clearance sticker for $33.88($30.98 with edge) over top of the regular sticker. I asked her if she's sure, pointed at the sticker and she rang it up again and said since it's already clearanced I don't get the edge discount.

I didn't really care at that point I wasn't going to argue over $3 but is this normal procedure or was this some kind shady business? Not to mention she removed the red sticker from the box right after. I dunno the whole situation just seemed sketch to me. Why would I even need to tell her to ring it up again when the clearance sticker is right next to the old one? I don't buy from GS much anymore so I don't have much experience with what goes on anymore.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-26-2023 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:11 PM   #2595
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

On clearance items, red stickered items, or merchandise that ends in 98 or $5 Friday deals the Platinum or Onyx cards do not apply. That's what a clerk told me when I was buying a red stickered item a couple of weeks ago.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:38 PM   #2596
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
On clearance items, red stickered items, or merchandise that ends in 98 or $5 Friday deals the Platinum or Onyx cards do not apply. That's what a clerk told me when I was buying a red stickered item a couple of weeks ago.
Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure. If she told me that from that from the beginning and rang it up at the clearance price I wouldn't have thought much of it. But the way it happened just seemed odd. That's all. Weird mistake on her part I guess. Anyhow, I'm just glad I was able to get it discounted, cause he was the last one I needed outside of Zane and I didn't want to pay full price for it as I don't think it's worth.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-26-2023 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:32 PM   #2597
Lofi_Power_Droid
Super Friend

Fun Fact I learned while buying some of the red clearance sticker Marvel legends. The staff are supposed to cut off the edge discount section because there won't be an edge discount applied.

You'd think the system would be set up so that it doesn't print the edge discount section.

Gamestop seems to just make up rules as they go.
Lofi_Power_Droid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 05:28 PM   #2598
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
Must have changed recently as I used to get Edge discounts on the $5 Friday stuff too.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:00 PM   #2599
ghostlurk29
Mutant

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...-ranger-figure

Dino Charge Pink, $17. Pinless and double-jointed.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 09:55 PM   #2600
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Must have changed recently as I used to get Edge discounts on the $5 Friday stuff too.
I heard they're getting rid of $5 Friday from a manager today (for the time being). They're just going to have a table with discounted items.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote