ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-27-2023, 10:08 PM   #2601
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I heard they're getting rid of $5 Friday from a manager today (for the time being). They're just going to have a table with discounted items.

Yeah I noticed that today on the website that there was no $5 Friday sale, but a discounted page instead. I doubt that will last for long. Most of the discount prices were garbage, and the few that were good probably still won't move.

They'll be swimming in product is a couple months and will have no choice but to deep clearance stuff again. Maybe they won't bring back $5 Fridays, but I could see them testing better discounts than today (50-80% off would still be more than $5 for a lot of product).

That is just my guess considering they don't seem to have a way of ditching product to liquidators like Walmart.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:30 PM   #2602
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah I noticed that today on the website that there was no $5 Friday sale, but a discounted page instead. I doubt that will last for long. Most of the discount prices were garbage, and the few that were good probably still won't move.

They'll be swimming in product is a couple months and will have no choice but to deep clearance stuff again. Maybe they won't bring back $5 Fridays, but I could see them testing better discounts than today (50-80% off would still be more than $5 for a lot of product).

That is just my guess considering they don't seem to have a way of ditching product to liquidators like Walmart.
They could always do a $10 Friday.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:26 AM   #2603
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
They could always do a $10 Friday.

Yeah that could work for some stuff, but the $5 Fridays were about a lot of their "tchotchkes" So there was a bunch of stuff that was $5 that was only $7-$10 to begin with.

I think they'll probably go the route of their US operations. "Clearance" pricing, and then another discount on top of the clearance price. That gets them to that deep discount mark (50-80% off).

But I guess we'll see.

Sorry guys, back to Power Rangers.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:19 PM   #2604
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Must have changed recently as I used to get Edge discounts on the $5 Friday stuff too.
It's been like that for awhile, since the summer. They had a notice at checkout for awhile. Anything with a red sticker is now not discounted with edge.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 04:20 PM   #2605
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
I have a question if someone could satisfy my curiosity. I was at my GS earlier and managed to pick up the In Space blue and Glider for $34 before tax. The girl rang it up as the regular price with edge discount despite there being a red clearance sticker for $33.88($30.98 with edge) over top of the regular sticker. I asked her if she's sure, pointed at the sticker and she rang it up again and said since it's already clearanced I don't get the edge discount.

I didn't really care at that point I wasn't going to argue over $3 but is this normal procedure or was this some kind shady business? Not to mention she removed the red sticker from the box right after. I dunno the whole situation just seemed sketch to me. Why would I even need to tell her to ring it up again when the clearance sticker is right next to the old one? I don't buy from GS much anymore so I don't have much experience with what goes on anymore.

I saw him for $28 at a store recently. Do you think the hover board would be worth it for the price? I've already got him but I'm curing if the vehicle is with it.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:58 AM   #2606
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I saw him for $28 at a store recently. Do you think the hover board would be worth it for the price? I've already got him but I'm curing if the vehicle is with it.
No it's not worth paying $28 just to get the Glider. It isn't terrible but it's not worth spending that much for either, unless you really want it of course.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:06 PM   #2607
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

The Remastered Blue & Yellow are already coming out, and are 47.99, ouch

but I didn't expect them so soon, either way anyone interested, they are out at DJC

Blue
https://www.djccollectibles.ca/colle...-action-figure

Yellow
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 03:42 PM   #2608
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I pre-ordered at Gamestop but at this point, I'm not too sure if I want to go through with it or not. If I do, I may just pose these with the ring and no helmet and the original ones I had, I'll display then with the helmet on.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 04:55 PM   #2609
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
The Remastered Blue & Yellow are already coming out, and are 47.99, ouch

but I didn't expect them so soon, either way anyone interested, they are out at DJC

Blue

Yellow
Only trini is left in stock. Billy is back as a preorder.

Link for Amazon Exclusive Holiday Mandalorian
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #2610
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
No it's not worth paying $28 just to get the Glider. It isn't terrible but it's not worth spending that much for either, unless you really want it of course.
nows your time to get that Ecliptor 2-pack;

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote