ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > Tech Support and Site Rules

Old 01-27-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Nerroth
Sub-section division request

Hi.

I made a similar request over at the Toyark - whose layout I couldn't help but notice being drawn from here - but I would really suggest splitting the Transformers and Robots sub-board into one specifically for TFs, and another for robot/mech/etc which are not Transformers.

Over on Toyark, even more popular mecha lines like Gundam get totally swamped by Transformers threads - a side-effect of the presence of a lot of 2005 alumni - and on a thread like this, which no doubt will draw many from Cybertron.ca, the same problem is quite likely to be replicated.

And besides, as entities, Transformers (as sentient alien life-forms) are quite different from Gundams, Veritechs, Knightmare Frames, and so forth - which would be a further reason for keeping the two types of items separate.

So, would it be worth considering making such a split?
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Sub-section division request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Hi.

I made a similar request over at the Toyark - whose layout I couldn't help but notice being drawn from here - but I would really suggest splitting the Transformers and Robots sub-board into one specifically for TFs, and another for robot/mech/etc which are not Transformers.

Over on Toyark, even more popular mecha lines like Gundam get totally swamped by Transformers threads - a side-effect of the presence of a lot of 2005 alumni - and on a thread like this, which no doubt will draw many from Cybertron.ca, the same problem is quite likely to be replicated.

And besides, as entities, Transformers (as sentient alien life-forms) are quite different from Gundams, Veritechs, Knightmare Frames, and so forth - which would be a further reason for keeping the two types of items separate.

So, would it be worth considering making such a split?
Not my area of speciality so forgive me if the question is from left field, but could the Gundam/Robotech type stuff fit in the Anime Forums instead of the Transformers one?

Maybe PM Seikaku and see what he thinks?
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

Oops, nevermind. Supermegatron has looked after that for ya!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Transformers discussion has been redirected to Cybertron.ca for the time being. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
Nerroth

Thanks for that - but I would have been happy to see a small section for TFs here, too - as I woudl have liked to have kept the threads I used to be able to post in at Cybertron.ca.

(There's no pleasing me, is there? Sorry...)

Transformers Redemption: Worlds Distant - Nebulos' role in the Redemption storyline.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote