ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-23-2016, 07:59 AM   #241
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

The 6" Captain America wave is now on sale at TRU for $18.67 each...take in your receipts if you bought them at regular price within the last 45 days!!!!!
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #242
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Now it looks like TRU has jacked up the price of Marvel Legends to $29.99 - at least for the new Captain America/Onslaught wave.

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.j...&x=-795&y=-171
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #243
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

^^^

Pfffffft.

...and they price match to Walmart, so lets slow the lines down more so to price match the competition.

If Walmart decides they are going to go to $29.99 on 6" Hasbro figures I will give 100% of my business to local online sellers.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #244
Chandrew
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Yes thats the one I was looking for. Some mixed emotions I read from the new Deadpool figure. Some said its a recycled mix up parts from the old Bucky figure and alike but I really dont care. I really want a Deadpool figure so bad. Im expecting this to be a sought out figure since the movie has just been shown. But Im still keeping my hope high. Hopefully I wont succumb to order it across the border because the exchange rate is just insane. I hope some local toy store including TRU & Walmart can bring it to Canada.
If you want that classic ToyBiz sculpt, I'm gonna sell my NIB Marvel Legends Deadpool with Doop. PM me if you are interested.
Chandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #245
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

^^^

That figure is selling for all sorts of crazy cash right now. You could probably sell that Deadpool and finance the purchasing of the next 3 waves of 6" Legends.

One thing I will say and I really never thought Hasbro would ever make better Legends than toybiz but its happening (minus paint, toybiz killed it in the paint apps!) and I'm finding myself replacing a lot of toybiz characters with the updated hasbro versions.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #246
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
One thing I will say and I really never thought Hasbro would ever make better Legends than toybiz but its happening (minus paint, toybiz killed it in the paint apps!) and I'm finding myself replacing a lot of toybiz characters with the updated hasbro versions.
Hasbro is definitely cheaping out on the paint apps these days, all across their action figure lines. But I agree with you on the figure quality - for the most part, Hasbro is doing some pretty good figures overall these days. And I applaud them for getting out so many obscure or lesser known characters (even though they still do too many Spidey, Cap and Iron Man in my opinion). They've got a pretty good bank of body molds to draw from now. The figures are way better than when they first took over the line. I'd say starting with the Return of ML waves, they've really made some good progress. I'm kinda kicking myself for picking up so many of the old ToyBiz figures now. But one never knows, that's part of the hobby I guess.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #247
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Hasbro is definitely cheaping out on the paint apps these days, all across their action figure lines. But I agree with you on the figure quality - for the most part, Hasbro is doing some pretty good figures overall these days. And I applaud them for getting out so many obscure or lesser known characters (even though they still do too many Spidey, Cap and Iron Man in my opinion). They've got a pretty good bank of body molds to draw from now. The figures are way better than when they first took over the line. I'd say starting with the Return of ML waves, they've really made some good progress. I'm kinda kicking myself for picking up so many of the old ToyBiz figures now. But one never knows, that's part of the hobby I guess.
With you 100% on the oversaturation of characters like Spidey/Cap/Iron man, but I guess thats more so to lure parents into buying the popular characters for their kids.

I love the old toys biz figures but the bodies are starting to look overly silly with the weird ball shoulders etc. Hasbro has done a commendable job balacing articulation with more natural looking anatomy...well as natural as fictional buffed out dudes and big chested women can get, anyways.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #248
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

The Winners sightings have officially consumed me. Thanks to $10 figures I now own a Hulkbuster... Talk about impulse purchase.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:32 PM   #249
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

^^^

Same...just missing the stupid Marvel Now Iron man and my Hulkbuster is complete/
Old 04-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #250
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

I'm not sure how these are coming to Winners as there doesn't seem to be a typical case assortment. Makes it sort of a luck of the draw. But I have to imagine that there will be a few more rounds.

If you would be willing to pay the shipping (prob $20) I'm sure I could find one for you at cost.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote