ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
FreedomGundam
Red Shirt
Online stores?

Not sure if this is the right section, but it's probably the closest that I'll get either way.

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone knew of other online stores to buy anime-related toys and figures from, but within Canada?

I know of HobbyLink Japan, HobbyWave (for Gundams), HobbyFan, Hobby Search 1999, even BBTS and Yahoo Auctions Japan (via a proxy bidder).

The only problem is that most of them ship from outside of Canada, and then you'll tend to get nailed at customs (with the exception of HobbyWave who ship from BC for Canadian orders, but all they have are Gundams and a small selection of other model kits; no toys).

I was hoping to find some Canadian retailer from whom to buy Figmas, Revoltechs, Soul of Chogokins, etc...
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Online stores?

www.theouterreaches.com is a maybe on that one, they used to carry more than they do now.

www.machineinterface.com also deals in a lot of Japanese stuff out of Winnipeg though the website is not a fully functional retail option at this point. Still you could email him through there and see if he has what your looking for.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
astrana
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
Not sure if this is the right section, but it's probably the closest that I'll get either way.

Anyhow, was wondering if anyone knew of other online stores to buy anime-related toys and figures from, but within Canada?

I know of HobbyLink Japan, HobbyWave (for Gundams), HobbyFan, Hobby Search 1999, even BBTS and Yahoo Auctions Japan (via a proxy bidder).

The only problem is that most of them ship from outside of Canada, and then you'll tend to get nailed at customs (with the exception of HobbyWave who ship from BC for Canadian orders, but all they have are Gundams and a small selection of other model kits; no toys).

I was hoping to find some Canadian retailer from whom to buy Figmas, Revoltechs, Soul of Chogokins, etc...
sorry i dont know any canadian online retail.

my local store owner is trying to work on online store, but it is not going so fast. he sells a lot of figma, revoltechs and soul of chogokin

PS: he still has 7 revoltech enki lol...

I can give you his email, so u can contact him.
btw he uses air shipping from japan, so his price is close to the ones from US online store.

to be honest, if u looking for figma and revoltechs, use SAL from HLJ
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
to be honest, if u looking for figma and revoltechs, use SAL from HLJ
Agreed. If you order two or more using SAL from HLJ, it's usually the cheapest way to order Revoltechs.

Toy-wave.com is based out in China I believe, but they're okay. I've only ordered from them once, but the transaction went smoothly and the guy is really friendly and prompt when you email him. They usually carry a lot of the rare limited edition stuff from Japanese conventions like Wonder Festival. Right now they have the limited edition revoltech Enkidudu and old Wonder Festival Eva sets. However, be prepared to pay lots of money for the rare stuff. (not worth it IMO). The prices are odd, and range widely from the cheap to the expensive. Not my first choice to look by any means, but they're worth checking out if you're interested, if only to see some of the rare stuff.

Unfortunately, Canadian online retailers of anime toys pretty much don't exist. Most likely cause it's not worth the cost to bring a bunch of figures over and have them sit around.

Last edited by pud333; 04-13-2009 at 04:31 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
Dark Rage
Red Shirt

Toy-wave.com is based from Hong Kong.

KC Toys Shop isn't bad, they're based in Toronto and allow local pickup.

http://www.kctoysshop.com/

Gundam model kits are a bit lacking though...
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote