ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 06-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Captain America: The First Avenger Deluxe Mission Pack Wave 2 Released in Canada

Thanks to a report made by AFN member t.wizard, we now know that Captain America: The First Avenger Wave 2 of the Deluxe Mission Pack figures have arrived. This wave consists of comic series Midnight Air Raid Captain America, and movie series Marvel's Dark Threat Hydra Soldier.

The sighting was made at a Wal-Mart in Alberta. Wave 2 of the single carded 3.75" figures have been sighted along side wave 2 of the Deluxe Mission Packs at Wal-Mart.

To see what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imag0164n.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	3886  
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Deluxe Mission Pack Wave 2 Released in Canada

I might pick up the hydra pack. Depends how it looks
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
HumanEraser LS-02
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 91
Re: Captain America: The First Avenger Deluxe Mission Pack Wave 2 Released in Canada

Wait, does this mean that Wal-Mart's finally starting to sell the Cap figures?
HumanEraser LS-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
I might pick up the hydra pack. Depends how it looks
I picked up one yesterday, he looks alright. Though, I'm thinking of returning him, doesn't look like he's worth ~$15. From what I can see through the packaging, looks like he's missing ankle joints, ab crunch/waist, and possibly wrist articulation. Might be better to wait for a sale for this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanEraser LS-02 View Post
Wait, does this mean that Wal-Mart's finally starting to sell the Cap figures?
Yep, though I've only seen them carrying wave 2. Good luck finding figures without much slope, I must have gone through 10 of each of the bucky caps and movie caps before finding one with satisfactory paint apps.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
tfHunter
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
I picked up one yesterday, he looks alright. Though, I'm thinking of returning him, doesn't look like he's worth ~$15. From what I can see through the packaging, looks like he's missing ankle joints, ab crunch/waist, and possibly wrist articulation. Might be better to wait for a sale for this guy.

Yep, though I've only seen them carrying wave 2. Good luck finding figures without much slope, I must have gone through 10 of each of the bucky caps and movie caps before finding one with satisfactory paint apps.
I opened my Hydra up. Here's a rundown of the joints Hantei: Ball neck, ball shoulders, ball/swivel elbows, NO wrists, NO waist, ball hips, ball knees, and NO ankles. Yeah, the 14.92 on these deluxes is a bit steep, but all his accessories are useful. He would have been perfect had he had waist and ankle articulation. You could return it and hope they go on roll back sooner or later...

Last edited by tfHunter; 06-30-2011 at 08:15 PM.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
Matrix_Holder
The Chosen One

They have them at the Zellers in the burlington mall along with the second wave of the regular figures. I grabbed each one except for ski patrol Cap.
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=17116 My Customs Thread:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=28223
My collection showcase
Facebook :MatrixHolder Prime
PS3 :Matrix_Holder
YouTube Channel: MatrixHolder
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain america, hydra, marvel, the first avenger