ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-15-2022, 02:46 PM   #1621
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Thanks guys, much appreciated! Eeesh...that is heavy though. Well, I've got some soul searching to do along with the saving up, lol.

The harsher reality is that this won't go down in price. Every Haslab so far has gone up in price on the secondary market after it's release. On top of that, they become harder and, to a degree, sketchier to acquire. If you can get one in person from someone selling, then you have less to worry about. However getting one online, unless from a reputable store, will be a bit of a crap shoot, and an expensive crap shoot to boot.

Basically think long and hard about why you want it, and then that should help you justify the purchase, or not.

Also if you only want part of the set, then you can easily sell off other parts (figures vs. the HISS) The figures will all fetch at least $50 a piece since they will all be boxed/carded. However looking at other Haslab offerings depending on rarity (how likely it will appear in another form later) that can swing the value. From most recent completed listings it seems carded Haslab figures are closer to $100. I imagine the figures from this set, minus CC, will be pretty sought after due to them being numbered in the Classified line. Think about it, if you are collecting just the figures, and are a completionist, you'll be missing 3 spots on your shelf. That will most likely mean higher after market prices.

As for the HISS itself, there will probably be a market for just it, but more likely for those who couldn't afford multiple HISS and want another to go with the one they have. Question is will that be any cheaper than the initial offering?

Anyway, after all my rambling, if you can afford it, get in now. Once you get it, if you don't want it, the least you can do is sell it for what you paid. However the more likely situation is that you'll get more than what you paid for it on the secondary market.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 06:21 PM   #1622
F0RMULA
Red Shirt

Wow! thanks for the price!

I was not planning on getting it, but that is steep. Granted haslabs tend to go up in value so that is always nice as a counter to buyers remorse. Hopefully everyone who wants one gets one.....or 2 lol
F0RMULA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 07:51 PM   #1623
ghostlurk29
Mutant

The HISS is leaning too hard into the toy aesthetic for my liking. It's a lot of black plastic. For $300 USD, there should be more painted details on the cannons, guns, wheels and treads.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:41 PM   #1624
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
The harsher reality is that this won't go down in price. Every Haslab so far has gone up in price on the secondary market after it's release. On top of that, they become harder and, to a degree, sketchier to acquire. If you can get one in person from someone selling, then you have less to worry about. However getting one online, unless from a reputable store, will be a bit of a crap shoot, and an expensive crap shoot to boot.

Basically think long and hard about why you want it, and then that should help you justify the purchase, or not.

Also if you only want part of the set, then you can easily sell off other parts (figures vs. the HISS) The figures will all fetch at least $50 a piece since they will all be boxed/carded. However looking at other Haslab offerings depending on rarity (how likely it will appear in another form later) that can swing the value. From most recent completed listings it seems carded Haslab figures are closer to $100. I imagine the figures from this set, minus CC, will be pretty sought after due to them being numbered in the Classified line. Think about it, if you are collecting just the figures, and are a completionist, you'll be missing 3 spots on your shelf. That will most likely mean higher after market prices.

As for the HISS itself, there will probably be a market for just it, but more likely for those who couldn't afford multiple HISS and want another to go with the one they have. Question is will that be any cheaper than the initial offering?

Anyway, after all my rambling, if you can afford it, get in now. Once you get it, if you don't want it, the least you can do is sell it for what you paid. However the more likely situation is that you'll get more than what you paid for it on the secondary market.
Agreed on all counts. Yeah, I'll definitely be feeling my way to this one. The original HISS tank was one of my most favourte toys back in the day, so this does hit a major nostalgic sweet spot. But still major now(?) that's the question. And yes, it does help to know that I'd be likely to make a bit of a profit should I decided to sell. Ok, we'll see!
BlackBeltJohnson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 08:10 AM   #1625
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

I missed out on unicron. I regret it every day lol.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 03:31 PM   #1626
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

So did anyone actually get a shipping notice for Spirit and/or Storm Shadow?

apparently they are out, but I got nothing shipped yet.

just got Croc Master though.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 04:23 PM   #1627
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post

Gamestop has the release date for Storm Shadow as today but no shipping notice for me so far. My Croc Master arrived today.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 06:16 PM   #1628
Realboss
Super Friend

Ditto on CrocMaster. I did get a shipping notification for Stormy and Spirit today. No nothing yet for the Cobra Officer though. But I did order him 3 days after pre orders went up so maybe next batch.
Realboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 07:14 PM   #1629
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post

Not yet. There was an authorization for them in PayPal last week but they still haven't shipped. My Croc Master is arriving tomorrow though.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:53 PM   #1630
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Yeah looks like I got my money back for Spirit and Storm Shadow, so here we go again, man f**ck Gamestop. I guess I'm not getting Spirit or Storm shadow. It's not even in my mind, I seem to be on some "no send" list.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote