ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #1641
lars573
Clone trooper
Re: Post Your Hauls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
So for Dark Ms. Marvel, it's just going to be from a future case revision? Where they've basically just put Modern Ms. Marvel's head onto a Classic Ms. Marvel body (which I've just done recently, haha)?
Dark Ms. Marvel red/navy design on the body suit is slightly different than the classic Ms. Marvel. And the scarf thing is different too.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #1642
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Pick up MU Juggernaut and Unmasked Wolverine from Zellers... and i found $20 while walking back to work..
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #1643
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

got 2x MU AIM soldiers at Walmart.

They had 4 AIM soldiers there, so it means at least a case of Wave 8 came in. Sigh, so close to Archangel
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #1644
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Haul from past week. Got the Nick Fury from a local comic shop. Unfortunately no discounted price for the new ML 2packs, had to pay the $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Dark Ms. Marvel red/navy design on the body suit is slightly different than the classic Ms. Marvel. And the scarf thing is different too.
Well, the question now is if the Hasbro will repaint the reissued Ms. Marvel to reflect that (I doubt they'll resculpt a new scarf). If so, then I'd be willing to buy another. The light red plastic on the classic Ms. Marvel looks a little out of place when placed next to the shiny paint apps of iron patriot and spidey.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #1645
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

^ i hate you! i want those 2 packs grrrr
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #1646
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Haul from past week. Got the Nick Fury from a local comic shop. Unfortunately no discounted price for the new ML 2packs, had to pay the $25.
Whats your opinion on the Quality of the new 2-packs? are they good? compared to the old toybiz MLs? Hows the sculpts? The look of these makes me want to collect MLs again but i have a sour taste in my mouth since the first few waves of the hasbro crap that came out.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #1647
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
Whats your opinion on the Quality of the new 2-packs? are they good? compared to the old toybiz MLs? Hows the sculpts? The look of these makes me want to collect MLs again but i have a sour taste in my mouth since the first few waves of the hasbro crap that came out.
The only figures I got from Hasbro's ML were Ultimate Iron Man and Cyclops, both which I kept mint (but not for long, not Iron Man anyway). So I can't really compare the new 2-packs to their earlier work. The last Toybiz stuff I bought were a couple characters from the Giant Man series.

Quality is pretty good. The sculpts are really good, Black Widow and Winter Soldier are my favorite. Articulation is about on par with what Toy Biz offered. Paint apps, Toybiz still has them beat.

The only things that are bothering me are Deadpool's lower half's portions be smaller than the upper (his feet are tiny); the weapons not fitting in the hands on some characters (why did Winter Soldier come with a fist for his left hand?); and the clicking/lock articulation (think revoltech) that the toys have.

The revoltech like joints are kind of annoying when trying to pose the figure's hip wise; they lock/snap into weird unstable positions. It seems that once they get worn out the joint is gonna be really loose, I can already feel it on the right knee for Deadpool.

If you're hunting, the thing to watch out for are the warped legs especially at the knees. Paint apps are another, but its not as bad as I thought at least not with the batch I saw.

I'll try to get some pics for the ML thread.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #1648
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Snagged ML 2 packs

Winter Soldier/Black Widow
Deadpool/Warpath

both are the regular colors.

I've been literally stalking this one TRU, which in their computers says they have 24 of these 2 packs. But everytime I go, they don't have them, or they can't find them. ARGHHH!
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #1649
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #1650
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ So jealous of your Soundwave, Ice!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths