ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #1821
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Post your Action Figure hauls!

What have I picked up recently?

Well, let me see...

Went to TRU, spent 50$ on LEGO got 10$ off thanks to that little card I got in early December. Cashier gipped me 1.60$ in my change though, not sure how, but I was supposed to get 7.40$ back after spending 52.60$ I gave her 60$ But she only gave me 5.80$ (At least I'm pretty sure that's how much I actually recieved seeing as how I had no quarters in my wallet before recieving the change and then found 3 quarters then mysteriously plus a nickel.)

What I suspect happened was that, initially the price was 63.80$ Because the discount was not activated when the card was scanned the 10$ was not removed. I pointed this out to her very kindly, but that .80 cents must have gotten stuck in her mind or something. It's the only reason why instead of a toonie and change I got .80 cents plus the fiver. So I'm out 1.60$ And since it happened last Saturday there is no point in going in now to argue with the customer service people... Had I noticed it much earlier, for example that day, then I could have proven it, but four days later... I doubt they'd just take my word for it.

ANYWAY! Let's get on with the good news.

My LEGO purchase for that day included the following.

LEGO Kingdoms Outpost Attack
LEGO Pharaoh's Quest Golden Staff Guardians (This set is just soooo cool if TRU has a BOGO sale I'm snapping this one up a second time, hell I'll even pay full price for it again, I just dig the Mummy Mini-Figures, the Golden Staff and that rad new Motorbike.)
LEGO Toy Story Alien Spaceship (Little 4.99$ impulse set. My first LGM Mini-Figure.)
LEGO Bionicle Stars Gresh (Last of the Bionicle Stars I needed, now I'm all complete with collecting Bionicle... Except for a few older sets and all those Mini-Figure based ones, but since I'll have to E-Bay or what-have-you for them I consider Bionicle complete.)

And on Monday I picked up the following...

LEGO PoP Desert Attack
Walt Disney Blu-Ray National Treasure 2 Book of Secrets at half price
751 ML bottle Diet Coke

Last week, I also got...

LEGO Atlantis Manta Warrior
LEGO Power Miners Fire Blaster

Both from London Drugs. One of them was even on sale. Possibly both, can't be 100% sure on that.

Might go out again today and pick up another LEGO set or two, depends on how I feel and where I go to see about finding some deals. Personally I'd prefer it if I could score a couple Mini-Figures Series 3 from Wal-Mart, but seeing as how no one seems to have stocked them yet... Well, you know how it is.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #1822
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCh View Post
I saw War Machine, Mark VI, and Thorbuster, only one of each and no Titanium man. This is the packaging if you are wondering.

Awesome War Machine! Is that a repack of the Exclusive Iron Man 2 6" War Machine from last summer?

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #1823
JTCh
Toku

Yup, I believe it's the same one. Good thing too! I missed my chance on the exclusive one!
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #1824
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCh View Post
Yup, I believe it's the same one. Good thing too! I missed my chance on the exclusive one!
Me too, can't wait to get my hands on this one!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #1825
aznpnoy
Convention Exclusive

Picked up a Hellfire Droid @ Walmart for $20.
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #1826
lars573
Clone trooper

Got myself a $50 BAT-AT. But I put the left hand side legs on backward. And I'm afraid to try and switch them.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:41 PM   #1827
cobralegion
Decepticon

Picked up some wave 3 Joes at Zellers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gijoe2011 002.jpg (100.1 KB, 23 views)
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #1828
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

I can't believe how awesome this war Machine is. Go hasbro. Wow

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #1829
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Ahh, got tempted into more TRON figures after seeing the movie again last night. Of interest to note is that Walmart has rolled back their CLU Light Cycle exclusive to $15, down from ~$22. Not sure if this included the other Light Cycles as there weren't any around to scan.

And, my local comic shop guy sold me the ML MODOK for $15, unfortunately he's missing the jet blaze/smoke attachment for the butt.

Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #1830
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

I picked up the Berserker Predator from Predators(without helmat) at Big B comics in Hamilton Ontario, and Halo reach series 2 2 pack Invasion slayer, purple Elite (which is awesome in that colour) and the CQC all green Spartan.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote