ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Epic tales of success and failure!

So I figured it would be kind of neat to have a thread where people can boast of wicked finds in retail, or they can do the opposite, by bitching about how a search ended up in failure.

I went on a massive search today, because my girlfriend needs to learn how to drive, so we figured we could kill two birds with one stone: get her lots of driving time, and also hit up a bunch of stores. We started out from our home in Vancouver, went down to Richmond, then over to Surrey and back again.

I hit up three Walmarts, two TRU's, and one Zellers today. I was looking for various TF's, MU figures, XMO figures, Joes and SW Clone Wars toys. And guess what? I came up with nothing. Nada. Zilch. Absolutely nothing. The only thing I found were the new ROC two packs, but when I saw them up close, I didn't want them cause all I wanted was Monkeywrench and I didn't feel like paying $15 for him. Near the end, I got desperate and when I noticed unopened boxes, I had the staff open them for me and they turned out to be more of nothing!

Epic failure to the max. Well, I suppose it wasn't a complete failure, cause my girlfriend picked up legends Mudflap cause she loves the twins. But for myself, I got nothing. It's no wonder I stick to online stores. All I can say is: Grrr! Argh!
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 AM   #2
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Re: Epic tales of success and failure!

I'm just annoyed how TRU still hasn't stocked the next wave of ROC (have a few figures I would like to exchange). I'm not too surprised since most of the ones on shelves right now are barely moving at all...

And I've seen the news of $10 TFU Voyagers at WM, yet none of the BC sightings shows that we even got those in right now. I have a feeling that even when they do, they'll get snatched up too fast for me to pick up any. I ended up asking a board member to help me get an Inferno even if I have to pay shipping, since I imagine he will be harder to get (I don't have much time to hunt around due to school starting again)
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
pud333
Master of the Universe

It's the same for SW Clone Wars figures. Right now, TRU has nothing but old stock. Even the boxes above all had the old stock. Speaking of Clone Wars, the two Surrey Walmarts I visited both had the basic figures for $5 each. Looks like they were matching TRU's basic figure sale. Though the Grandview Walmart didn't have the sale sign, so I don't know if it's a chain-wide thing.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
lars573
Clone trooper

It is. I got 5 for $5 yesterday. But from the looks of it they only got a case or two of new CW figures (they didn't have the ones I wanted Echo and Denal). But fear not they'll be a few more big restocks on toys as we get closer to december. Also the new figures were on an end cap with new cases of build-a-droid and saga legeneds.
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Actually Metrotown got a lot of the new Clone Wars figures. Not sure 'how' new, but they had the new Yoda, ARF Trooper, and some of those other CW figures you picked up recently. I'm not sure how fast they're selling though.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Actually Metrotown got a lot of the new Clone Wars figures. Not sure 'how' new, but they had the new Yoda, ARF Trooper, and some of those other CW figures you picked up recently. I'm not sure how fast they're selling though.
Figures. The one TRU I don't bother to check has 'em.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #7
JTCh
Toku

I happened to drop by Walmart right before closing time last night and found the TFU voyagers for $10 each. I didn't even know about the sale from Cybertron yet. Grabbed Inferno, Vector Prime, and Treadbolt.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:07 AM   #8
Icetron
Master of the Universe

After work I went to Metro TRU to look for some SW stuff but there was nothing I even wanted.

Only thing of interest was the Saga Legends Ep III trooper but I've already got one of those...argh. I just picked up the new CW Yoda and some random figure, not even sure if I'll keep them.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #9
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCh View Post
I happened to drop by Walmart right before closing time last night and found the TFU voyagers for $10 each. I didn't even know about the sale from Cybertron yet. Grabbed Inferno, Vector Prime, and Treadbolt.
WHICH WALMART? PLEASE TELL
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #10
JTCh
Toku

It was at the Stouffville Walmart. I checked on Saturday and everything was gone already.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tru, walmart, zellers