ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-26-2024, 10:17 PM   #4271
wesperino
Mutant
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Toysnowman has range vipers @ $44.99! Yikes that’s a premium to pay for these exclusives if you missed out at Walmart.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:09 PM   #4272
TriBlurr
Red Shirt

Anybody who order an Eel off of AlliExpress. How long did it take to arrive? Mine cleared customs on Jan 22, but hasn't moved since. Canada Post has the tracking number in thier system. But have zero updates on it.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 03:36 PM   #4273
Dangard Ace
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
Anybody who order an Eel off of AlliExpress. How long did it take to arrive? Mine cleared customs on Jan 22, but hasn't moved since. Canada Post has the tracking number in thier system. But have zero updates on it.
About two weeks to Toronto.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 05:15 PM   #4274
Eko123
Body without Organs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBlurr View Post
On a quick non-toy-related note, it's good that Canada Post is the one delivering your item.

When buying stuff from AliExpress, be very concerned if Apple Express Delivery or Metro Supply Chain Group is assigned as the courier in Canada, especially if you live an apartment building or condo. Sadly, even eBay uses these companies from time to time.

Both are notorious for leaving packages in unsecure areas (e.g. they drop it off in a lobby of an apartment building where anyone can steal it) and make no effort whatsoever to knock on your door (if you live in a house), e-mail, text or call you when they arrive for you to get your package (even if you've provided a number). And it doesn't even matter if they deliver to the wrong address.

All they do is dump the package, take a photo of where they left it and e-mail it to you long after they've left.

If your package has been delivered but you're not at home to pick it up, get a trusted neighbor or even condo security to retrieve it for you as soon as possible.

While I was fortunate that my items weren't stolen, other people haven't been as lucky from the reviews of both companies I've read online. Their customer service departments are absolutely useless as well and will try to give you the run-around if you have problems receiving your item.

Last edited by Eko123; 01-29-2024 at 11:25 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 09:35 PM   #4275
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Yeah, those delivery companies suck. TRU used one of them too and I never got the item. They took a picture of it delivered, but it wasn't even the right location. TRU gave me my money back and I never ordered TRU delivery again.

My Eel is on it's way. Basically, once Canada customs clears it, you won't see any movement until it gets to the final sorting place. For me, I live in Vancouver, so after it clears customs, it's a few days to deliver as the customs clearance is in Richmond for me.

You live in Newfoundland, so it probably landed in BC and i being moved to you by truck.

As for my Eel, it should have arrived last Friday, but somehow Canadapost screwed up and it is now being re-routed to me. For some reason, delivery companies seem to have trouble delivering to my workplace.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:01 AM   #4276
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Is there a specific seller on AliExpress for the Cobra Eel to use? I am tempted now that you guys are getting it and it seems legit.

Also delivery screw-ups can happen to all companies. I remember I ordered the Amazon exclusive WFC:Siege Skywarp set and Intelcom said it was delivered. When I checked there was nothing at on the porch. When I saw the photo it was in front of a house with a red door and beige bricks (I have a black door and red bricks). Then of course I, like I'm sure most of us, have had a number of issues with Canada Post.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 08:11 AM   #4277
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...adee18028tbKNd

I bought from here.
Price went up $10 since I ordered it ($48 when I bought it).
Ordered Dec 31, arrived by Jan 12th.
Canada post left a paper notice to pick up next day at post office, also got an email notification from Canada post that day saying it was ready for pick up.

Last edited by usernameprime; 01-30-2024 at 08:49 AM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 11:11 AM   #4278
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

That's the one I used as well. He gave me a $20 partial refund cause he accidentally sent me a Crimson Alley Viper. I reordered the Eel. Should have arrived Friday but Canadapost sent it to the wrong place apparently a d it is being redirected to me.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:50 PM   #4279
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

My Eel arrived today. It looks legit. Even has the paper that all the Hasbro stuff includes that has the warnings in different languages.

Here's some pics:

The only thing a little suspicious is the accessories box.

Apparently, I have the accessories for a Cobra ELL, not a Cobra EEL.

However, I have seen this mentioned before, but don't remember if it was someone who got it from Amazon, or was it only people who got it from AliExpress that have this.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:56 PM   #4280
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Cobra ELL lol
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote