ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #511
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper
Re: Hot Toys or other 1/6th goodness that makes our wallets cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
People seemed to either love it or hate it. I saw it again tonight. Still just as good for me. The thing is, I believe if the essence and spirit of the character is there, it's good, even if it may not be 100% what I have known. Eg: I think Nolan got 90% of Batman right. I think they get 90% of Superman right with this movie. Honestly, I wouldn't go into this movie expecting all-knowing All-Star Superman. This is definitely a Superman who is learning on the job. And some lessons are learned the hard way. I went into this movie with over 30 years of baggage. Superman was a key figure in my moral development as a child, so believe me, I was scared shitless I would hate it. But I went in willing to forgive a lot, knowing it wouldn't be perfect. And I loved it.
well said man! that's definitely my attitude towards it!

bought my tickets, going Friday!
SuperPowerCollectbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #512
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Still time for improvements. There's at least half a year for Hot Toys to fix this issue.
The problem is the body type they use which I'm sure they are more than capable of fixing
Yeah, that's why I ended up ordering one. Even if they don't fix it, I need to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPowerCollectbls View Post
well said man! that's definitely my attitude towards it!

bought my tickets, going Friday!
Cool! Hope you enjoy it!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #513
aizen
Red Shirt

My DX11 finally came in! Thanks Marcio! It really is an incredible figure. Now just waiting for the camo tumbler to come in.

aizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #514
aizen
Red Shirt

Regarding Man Of Steel, I really enjoyed it. I like that Zack Snyder took chances with regard to Krypton, the non-linear narrative and the jaw-dropping and epic action sequences. But I have to say that it didn't totally live up to my expectations, which was really high going into it. Superman 1 & 2 were movies that I cherished as a kid and basically shaped my perception of the character before I got into the comic books. So I felt that Cav' El didn't convey enough warmth, charm, humanity that those movies did. But to be fair, those movies were of a different climate in terms of politics, tech, and oulook whereas MOS is rooted in realism in present climate. Zack Snyder still did a good job at presenting a believable Superman and had me emotionally invested enough to want to see his vision for sequels and a possible JL movie. Heck I PO'd MMS200 and bought the soundtrack. A far cry from IM3 where I felt I was watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Pt 2.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #515
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen View Post
My DX11 finally came in! Thanks Marcio! It really is an incredible figure. Now just waiting for the camo tumbler to come in.
Nice. I gotta play with my Batman more. He's been gathering dust on the shelf. I wish I could buy more of these toys but I just don't have the room. Would have loved a camo tumbler.

Quote:
But to be fair, those movies were of a different climate in terms of politics, tech, and oulook whereas MOS is rooted in realism in present climate.
Exactly. I love the Donner films, but the highest compliment I could give MoS is that not once did I think of Reeves, Brando or Stamp. I also loved what they did with Krypton. That 20 minutes was a better Star Wars movie than SW Episodes 1-3 haha. I haven't watched IM3 yet. That's one I'm going to Netflix. IM was okay, hated IM2, so not spending money on IM3.

Last edited by pud333; 06-19-2013 at 02:03 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #516
ninth
Red Shirt

I've been away from the forums for a while.
Was 'MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII' ever available for Canadian preorders?

EDIT: Never mind just read a few pages back on the sideshow forums, there was a 2nd round or PO for Europeans collectors but Canadian and Australian collectors weren't given the opportunity to PO.

Last edited by ninth; 06-19-2013 at 08:12 PM.
ninth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #517
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
You're welcome!!

Question, how in the hell did you get the grey jacket off? I want to display mine like you have yours but I can't take off the grey jacket! it's driving me nuts!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #518
aizen
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPowerCollectbls View Post
Question, how in the hell did you get the grey jacket off? I want to display mine like you have yours but I can't take off the grey jacket! it's driving me nuts!
Yeah, the blazer was really hard to get off and drove me crazy. It's so well tailored and I was afraid of ripping it. I basically popped the wrist pegs off, pushed the arm slightly back and close to the body, bent the elbow joint and positioned it behind the back, and slowly massaged past the elbow joint inch by inch. I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but it's easier to get both the blazer and coat back on I find. Just watch out for the small magnets on the coat and the small cufflinks on the blazer.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #519
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Yeah, the blazer was really hard to get off and drove me crazy. It's so well tailored and I was afraid of ripping it. I basically popped the wrist pegs off, pushed the arm slightly back and close to the body, bent the elbow joint and positioned it behind the back, and slowly massaged past the elbow joint inch by inch. I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but it's easier to get both the blazer and coat back on I find. Just watch out for the small magnets on the coat and the small cufflinks on the blazer.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I'll try it!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #520
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper

We were able to secure some more Man of Steel Hot Toys figures if anyone still need to get one.