ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-28-2021, 12:44 AM   #1921
random11
Convention Exclusive
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
No, this thread is not meant for people to discuss absolutely nothing. It's meant to discuss the Lightning collection. The mods are probably going to delete all of these comments. Thread needs to stay on topic.
we were literally talking about the price of the pig. Yours was the first completely off topic post
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:48 AM   #1922
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
we were literally talking about the price of the pig. Yours was the first completely off topic post
So when you were arguing with the member about Pokemon 2000 for like 6 comments, was that on topic? That's what I was referring to.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:53 AM   #1923
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
So when you were arguing with the member about Pokemon 2000 for like 6 comments, was that on topic? That's what I was referring to.
It was a sub point of an overall larger point about affecting change in pricing of products... specifically the pudgy pig... which is part of the lightning collection last i checked. If you couldn't follow the logic maybe you should leave the modding to the mods. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:37 AM   #1924
cloud
Master of the Universe

You can't really say companies are scalper because they do not buy and hoard a product for resell.
They may have jacked up the price or mark up the price. That's possible and within their business practice.

I am not sure why Pudgy Pig is expensive. Probably have to do with a bigger size figure with more plastic, bigger mold. You can say the lunch box is worth 10 bucks. I don't collect lunch boxes but it looks kind of neat. Will probably be good storage for the spare parts with the Lightning Collection figures.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:19 AM   #1925
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
You can't really say companies are scalper because they do not buy and hoard a product for resell.
They may have jacked up the price or mark up the price. That's possible and within their business practice.

I am not sure why Pudgy Pig is expensive. Probably have to do with a bigger size figure with more plastic, bigger mold. You can say the lunch box is worth 10 bucks. I don't collect lunch boxes but it looks kind of neat. Will probably be good storage for the spare parts with the Lightning Collection figures.
I havent looked at all the figures and compared all the prices. But Pig does seem to be specifically more expensive. For instance he is 57.99 USD on pulse where as Ravage is 52.99 USD. And on Gamestop pig is 86.99 CAD which is a 1.5x conversion rate vs charging only 72.99 CAD for Ravage which is a 1.38x conversion rate. The latter being much closer to the actual current USDxCAD conversion rate which is somewhere hovering around 1.28x.

Why they have a higher markup on pudgy pig... who knows. But it is what it is. If they have too much stock and they cant sell it at that price it will eventually go on sale. If it goes down to below $40 I might pick it up.

Also, knowing hasbro... they will release it without the lunch box packaging and probably with some other accessory or something... probably at a cheaper price... just because. So people could also hold out hope for something like that if the current price is too much. They tend not to use moulds only once.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:47 AM   #1926
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
I havent looked at all the figures and compared all the prices. But Pig does seem to be specifically more expensive. For instance he is 57.99 USD on pulse where as Ravage is 52.99 USD. And on Gamestop pig is 86.99 CAD which is a 1.5x conversion rate vs charging only 72.99 CAD for Ravage which is a 1.38x conversion rate. The latter being much closer to the actual current USDxCAD conversion rate which is somewhere hovering around 1.28x.

Why they have a higher markup on pudgy pig... who knows. But it is what it is. If they have too much stock and they cant sell it at that price it will eventually go on sale. If it goes down to below $40 I might pick it up.

Also, knowing hasbro... they will release it without the lunch box packaging and probably with some other accessory or something... probably at a cheaper price... just because. So people could also hold out hope for something like that if the current price is too much. They tend not to use moulds only once.
Or Pudgy pig may end up like Dragon Shield Zac and Jason. Released once and never seen again. .
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #1927
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Or Pudgy pig may end up like Dragon Shield Zac and Jason. Released once and never seen again. .
Never seen again… “so far”.

But ya sure it is possible they won’t put it out again.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:30 AM   #1928
Ksteel
Mutant

It likely won't be out again after this. It's basically like Drakkon Evo3.

I'm not gonna laugh at anyone who spent $100 on this, it's fine. It will likely sell out, encouraging Hasbro to keep this pricepoint for future exclusives.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #1929
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Which is why I'm not hesitating. I just hoping the November 9th date is accurate.

Link for Amazon Exclusive Holiday Mandalorian
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:54 PM   #1930
Ksteel
Mutant

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote