ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #61
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive
Re: Thundercats Super 7 discussion

Thanks for the info. I preordered my Thundercats figures from both Canucktibles and NMC Toys, so I won’t be getting any updates straight from Super 7. Glad to know wave 3 has left the factory
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #62
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Thanks for the info. I preordered my Thundercats figures from both Canucktibles and NMC Toys, so I won’t be getting any updates straight from Super 7. Glad to know wave 3 has left the factory

According to someone from Super7 who did a live stream with the guys at the Fwoosh a couple weeks ago wave 3 is, partially, already in the US.

He wasn't really clear, and they didn't get a good follow up. However it was pretty clear that at least part of wave 3 was already onshore, and the rest was on the water somewhere, maybe already at the port waiting to dock.

Apparently Super7 has had to take whatever space they can get on ships, even if that means splitting up a wave, just to get product on the water. So that will probably stay the same until next year. They'll get whatever product they can, whenever they can on ships, even if wave mates don't make it to shore together.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:18 PM   #63
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

So bad news. Turns out the production sample of Mumm-Ra the Everliving has the forearms flipped so they look terrible.

Now granted there is still time to get this corrected, but given Super7's track record I am not optimistic this will be corrected in the final product.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:45 PM   #64
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Received an email update from Super7 today.

Wave 3 is on the ocean, minus Cheetara. The final production version of Cheetara was so bad they had to scrap the production of her and reschedule. So she won't be out until next year now. She will be shipped separately at no extra charge when she is finally ready. Also as an apology she will have an extra head with "glowing" eyes.

The rest of wave 3 will ship out in October sometime.

Wave 2 is due to leave the factory (so on the ocean) in November, and wave 4 will supposedly be out of the factory by Dec. 30th this year.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:04 PM   #65
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Received an email update from Super7 today.

Wave 3 is on the ocean, minus Cheetara. The final production version of Cheetara was so bad they had to scrap the production of her and reschedule. So she won't be out until next year now. She will be shipped separately at no extra charge when she is finally ready. Also as an apology she will have an extra head with "glowing" eyes.

The rest of wave 3 will ship out in October sometime.

Wave 2 is due to leave the factory (so on the ocean) in November, and wave 4 will supposedly be out of the factory by Dec. 30th this year.
Thanks for the update. It's been a long wait for these. I was really looking forward to Cheetara so it's unfortunate but I'll take the extra head and wait longer.
Rj64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:43 AM   #66
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
Thanks for the update. It's been a long wait for these. I was really looking forward to Cheetara so it's unfortunate but I'll take the extra head and wait longer.

Yeah this is turning into a marathon for Thundercats. What makes it worse for me is that they have been humming along with TMNT and just started wave 6 preorders.

Add on to that, the ThunderTank is now listed on EE as being released August 2022!!

At first I was laughing when people would joke about the Thundercats license being cursed, but I'm not laughing now. This brand is cursed when it comes to toys.

At least we should have some more figures in hand before the end of the year. Hopefully even sooner. I can't wait for big boy Slithe and what looks to be an amazing Jaga!! That will at least help ease the wait for wave 2 & 4.
Old 09-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #67
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Yeah this is turning into a marathon for Thundercats. What makes it worse for me is that they have been humming along with TMNT and just started wave 6 preorders.

Add on to that, the ThunderTank is now listed on EE as being released August 2022!!

At first I was laughing when people would joke about the Thundercats license being cursed, but I'm not laughing now. This brand is cursed when it comes to toys.

At least we should have some more figures in hand before the end of the year. Hopefully even sooner. I can't wait for big boy Slithe and what looks to be an amazing Jaga!! That will at least help ease the wait for wave 2 & 4.
I know and even though I collect the turtles from them I also get neca turtles so I was just saying to a friend how I wish it was the turtles being delayed because there is so much tutles stuff coming out from neca, super 7 and playmates.

On the upside, back in the beginning because of covid there was a small chance the Thundercats line would be entirely cancelled. Imagine if that happened? Then we thundercats fans would truly be cursed.

I'm glad they will be slowly shipping soon but Cheetara was one of my most wanted because her and Lion-o were my first two ljn figures as a kid. But I also really want Tygra to complete the big 4 of the team.

I hope we see some images for wave 5 soon but I think they're holding out until we get some more figures in hand.
Old 09-27-2021, 03:04 PM   #68
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Well at least Slithe and Captain Cracker are starting to arrive at people's doors. I went through Super7 up until wave 3, so I guess I will get them once Jaga comes into stock.

Either way this was a much needed release to appease the TC fans who have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting..........

Also Slithe looks incredible from the pics, and reviews I have seen.

I wonder if Super7 will post the preorder for wave 5 soon? I don't imagine they want to have a preorder open during the Christmas season as people will probably be tight on money due to presents.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:42 PM   #69
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Just got an email from DHL that my wave 3 (minus Cheetara) is on the way!!!

Surprised that Super7 switched to DHL from FedEx. Here's hoping they don't screw it up.
Old 10-31-2021, 02:44 PM   #70
Rj64
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Just got an email from DHL that my wave 3 (minus Cheetara) is on the way!!!

Surprised that Super7 switched to DHL from FedEx. Here's hoping they don't screw it up.
That's good to hear. Previewsworld has it listed still as TBD for comic book stores so I'm hoping they get them soon so I can get mine. Hopefully wave 2 is right around the corner and will also ship soon.