ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #4301
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
Haha, it's a weird sensation. I don't collect any X-Men figures and i too saw Magneto and Legion at a Walmart the other day and thought "These have been hard to find."

I then remind myself I don't collect X-Men and left empty handed.

Plus a few months from now no one will care about Legion, unless he is way more popular than I think. Magneto is a nice figure, but a very specific look that no longer exists. Also there are a ton of Magneto figures out there, and I'm sure another one will show up within the next 1-2 years. So unless this is a version you "have" to have I wouldn't bother.

It's always a good idea, and fun, to look back a year and see what was released and whether or not today it is something you absolutely have to have now at above retail. Last September they announced the Joe Fixit wave. As of right now there isn't anyone from the wave who is going above retail, except Kang, and that is only because he was in Loki. Up until then he wasn't moving any more than the others in that wave.

So ask yourself, in a year will you care about any of this wave? If so, do you think any of them will be significantly higher than retail? (say more than $40)
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #4302
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Legion is the only one I'm considering. I want a Legion for my X-Men collection but not sure if they will do another version.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #4303
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Plus a few months from now no one will care about Legion, unless he is way more popular than I think. Magneto is a nice figure, but a very specific look that no longer exists. Also there are a ton of Magneto figures out there, and I'm sure another one will show up within the next 1-2 years. So unless this is a version you "have" to have I wouldn't bother.

It's always a good idea, and fun, to look back a year and see what was released and whether or not today it is something you absolutely have to have now at above retail. Last September they announced the Joe Fixit wave. As of right now there isn't anyone from the wave who is going above retail, except Kang, and that is only because he was in Loki. Up until then he wasn't moving any more than the others in that wave.

So ask yourself, in a year will you care about any of this wave? If so, do you think any of them will be significantly higher than retail? (say more than $40)
This is good advice. I wish I would have done this a year ago when I was buying figures I didn't really want from lines I didn't collect just cause they were hard to find. The artificial scarcity really makes us collectors do weird things. If things were in more abundance, buying something that you didn't collect/want wouldn't even be a thought lol.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:12 PM   #4304
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

I've jumped on board the ML train very recently, its a great line. But my list of wants is limited to symbiote/spider/punisher characters. So very limited with no rush to grab em all over the next couple years or so.

Star Wars collecting taught me to just narrow it to the figures I want most, ideally something that carries a theme, and meaning to me, that can work for just a shelf or two. Not a pokemon "gotta buy em all" mentality.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:40 PM   #4305
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
I've jumped on board the ML train very recently, its a great line. But my list of wants is limited to symbiote/spider/punisher characters. So very limited with no rush to grab em all over the next couple years or so.

Star Wars collecting taught me to just narrow it to the figures I want most, ideally something that carries a theme, and meaning to me, that can work for just a shelf or two. Not a pokemon "gotta buy em all" mentality.
This is me too. I'm only getting the classic characters that I like and nothing more. Once I get the preorders of Symbiote Spider-Man, Mk1 and Ben Reilly, I should be good to go. And whatever happens with Classic Dr. Strange from Walmart USA.

It would've been nice to have Wave 1 Spidey too, but ah well.

Last edited by MorphGrid; 09-26-2021 at 10:57 PM.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:59 PM   #4306
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
So you had no plans to get this wave but since you saw the two most sought after, you got then just in case yiu change your mind later on and want the entire wave?
You realize literally the post above the one you quoted me on there's a quote there of me talking about the fact that EB hasn't shipped my order for this wave yet lol ?! I mean in the context of my last few posts here it makes sense to me.

I grabbed them because if EB doesn't ship my order I at least have those 2 harder figures in hand and shouldn't have much trouble finding the rest. Makes total sense to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Sounds about right.
Yup.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 09-26-2021 at 11:09 PM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:07 PM   #4307
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

i bought a bunch of magnetos and legions and am currently scalping them while standing in the walmart toy section.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:09 PM   #4308
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
i bought a bunch of magnetos and legions and am currently scalping them while standing in the walmart toy section.
Solid plan. Dont forget Pokemon and sports cards too that's a tight market as well.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:38 PM   #4309
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
In all seriousness, that Magneto looks really underwhelming in person. I'm glad I passed on this wave.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 03:47 AM   #4310
Eko123
Body without Organs

Retro 80s Hercules now available to pre-order on Amazon.ca and on EB Games/Gamestop Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08YJZ11YD/...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/884526

Last edited by Eko123; 09-27-2021 at 03:51 AM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote