ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #51
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenario View Post
When I requested a charge reversal from my cc company (Scotia Bank visa) they asked about the date of purchase but also the date of expected delivery of the product. So if your preorder estimated date was way after your purchase date, your window to get your money back could be extended. At least, that is how it worked out for me.

I asked for a refund from NMC. But after some initial communication and him agreeing to refund me, he suddenly ceased all contact. So I went straight to the cc company. I received my reversal in less than 30 days.
Isn't this illegal?

Wtf
ViktorVonGloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:59 PM   #52
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

it's flavoured with fraud but being a purchase it falls squarely within the realm of consumer contracts in which case you're looking at provincial and federal consumer protection acts.

If you're in Ontario you would start here:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

That link could be the last resort if paypal or credit card refunds are no longer an option. Using that link would be pointless unless you're issue is currently happening now and not resolved to any degree. Government is quick to sweep things aside if they can label anything as resolved.

Alternatively there's small claims as a remedy but that's tedious and requires up front costs to initiate plus effort and time. Not to mention that jurisdiction would land where the business is located so highly inconvenient when concerning online sales.

Last edited by usernameprime; 09-25-2021 at 04:02 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:28 PM   #53
cyber--shark
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVonGloom View Post
He's not messaging you back?
He has messaged me back with nice enough emails but I am getting the feeling he will not be doing anything about it.

I called my credit card company and they said there is nothing they can do after 3 months.

I really wish I would of looked this store up before buying from him.

Amazon only delivers my stuff half the time but at least I get my money back.

If I ever buy from a small online store again I will ask around here first to make sure they are a good place.
cyber--shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 07:22 PM   #54
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber--shark View Post
He has messaged me back with nice enough emails but I am getting the feeling he will not be doing anything about it.

I called my credit card company and they said there is nothing they can do after 3 months.

If I ever buy from a small online store again I will ask around here first to make sure they are a good place.
Yeah, that's why I'm not a believer in the "pay now" preordering method. The only time I'll ever do "pay now" is if I HAVE to and it is only with stores I trust. IIf the option is there I'll always do "pay later" or even "preorder deposit" before I'll do "pay now". I hope you get your money back man.. that guy is a scum bag.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:20 PM   #55
ViktorVonGloom
Red Shirt

Quote:

Show your cc company the various forums calling him out on the scam. Cybertron has a huge thread of people being scammed.
ViktorVonGloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 11:36 PM   #56
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:

Is the item a preorder or something that's already released?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 01:56 AM   #57
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Well now I feel like a goddamn idiot for not checking here before preordering the Spider-Man figures. Would PayPal allow a chargeback on a preorder if it's not scheduled for release until Q1 2022 + owner's shitty reputation for not fulfilling orders?
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 AM   #58
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

A Paypal Chargeback case can be opened up to 180 days later, so you have time. I don't think Paypal would appreciate you jumping the gun like that, especially right after making the order. That said, Q1 still falls into the 180 days range, so give it some time, I'd say. Here's their guide on when to open a dispute.

Last edited by Onslaught; 09-27-2021 at 09:48 AM.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:50 AM   #59
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
A Paypal Chargeback case can be opened up to 180 days later, so you have time. I don't think Paypal would appreciate you jumping the gun like that. That said, Q1 still falls into the 180 days range, so give it some time, I'd say. Here's their guide on opening a dispute.

There's enough proof that NMC doesn't fulfill preorders. If he wants to do a charge back now he should. It's his money. If paypal doesn't like it, who cares? They aren't a CC company or a bank. Plus plenty of people who use paypal to do "troll donations" with Video game streamers charge back within the same hour and get their money back successfully every time. The only thing Charge backing hurts is the person on the other end and the idiot at NMC deserves it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Well now I feel like a goddamn idiot for not checking here before preordering the Spider-Man figures. Would PayPal allow a chargeback on a preorder if it's not scheduled for release until Q1 2022 + owner's shitty reputation for not fulfilling orders?
Yes. Do the charge back ASAP. Winning a charge back dispute as the buyer is ridiculously easy. Trolls that do troll donations(donating money to only to charge back right after) on YouTube and Twitch get away with it all the time. There's enough evidence of him scamming so you'll have no problem winning the dispute..

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-27-2021 at 09:55 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:31 AM   #60
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

That stuff about the streamers sounds pretty dumb. I'm surprised they'd allow it as that really seems like abusing the system. But if it's that easy and you want to avoid all the potential hassle in the future, then go for it MorphGrid.

I guess it's in my nature to give people the benefit of the doubt, but clearly by this thread and the one on Cybertron.ca plenty of folks have had bad experiences with NMC.

What a strange store. They're somehow sticking around, and they have their supporters from what I can tell on their social media, but then we have threads like these where people talk about all their bad experiences. Seems like a lot of the problems stem from preorders never appearing (I think someone who went to their store said there are just tons of boxes sitting on the floor, so they're just not unpacking them?), and mediocre communication. Doesn't seem like particularly hard problems to fix, but I guess their reputation is damaged enough that it may not even matter anymore.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote