ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > Star Wars Toy News

Old 11-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
First Look: Star Wars: Movie Heroes Wave 1

First Look: Star Wars: Movie Heroes Wave 1

Category: Star Wars Toy News

Posted From: TOYARK.COM - Toys and Action Figures
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: First Look: Star Wars: Movie Heroes Wave 1

Took a few years off from collecting SW figures, so maybe I'll bite on a couple of these.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
Tkim87
Agent of Shield

Im disappointed that they continue to rerelease same old figures with new packaging.

edit- with that said, I'd still like to get some clonetroopers
Tkim87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Just like Saga Legends these probably won't see much in the way of stocking. Basically I think the Retailers all know that this particular Sub-Line of figures is just Hasbro's way of getting more money from fans, and useing older molds to do it.

So the retailers stock them occassionally, but once they sell out they barely re-stock them because the adult collectors, who possibly make up more of the buying public in this case, won't be suckered in with another version of a figure they already had and possibly sold off when a better version came along.

Case in point, that General Grievous and the Super Battle Droid were both figures I sold off because I lost interest in them due to gimmicks that hinder poseability.

Why go back to figures from the AotC era of toys anyway? At least with most of the current Saga Legends the figures being offered were molds that had the basic points of articulation in good amounts. Stuff like the 30th anniversary Death Star Trooper and Spacetrooper.

I have to wonder if the reason for why they constantly re-package the older molds has to do with the fact that some warehouse somewhere is full of un-packaged left overs from the mass production lines or something.

Does that Clone with Jetpack thing have decent articulation, because I might add him to my wants list if so, but I'm not getting suckered into picking up another Saga Legends Darth Maul. (A figure from 1999 in 2010 packaging that I didn't want in the least. I sold off all my old Phantom Menace figures for a reason.)
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote