ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-20-2021, 09:16 PM   #1621
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Would be cool if we got both. I'd hope we do since these guys will come with no accessories so it's only fair that we do.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:34 AM   #1622
Ksteel
Mutant

Pudgy Piggy now listed as 57.99 USD. About $73 Canadian.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...phin-pudgy-pig

Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:11 AM   #1623
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

And that's before shipping, hard pass. Even if EB gets I doubt the price is going to be any less than that. Will be probably closer to $80.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:55 PM   #1624
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Ranger Board on Twitter posted what appears to be a outline of a Lightning Collection Ninjor. Sorry, I can’t post photos on here from my device for some reason. Walmart Exclusive, full reveal on 7/23
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:12 PM   #1625
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Doing civilian attire figures would be cool but super unlikely cause they'd have to make 5 brand new sculpts. They rarely make new molds for Marvel Legends, there's no way they'd do ALL new ones for Power Rangers that would never be used again.
They could actually just reuse some Marvel Legends figures. There are a few civilian-y figures in that line that you can just pop the Ranger heads on. Hasbro would only need to redo the neck / ball joint to make the Ranger heads fit better and give them colour appropriate decos and boom: easy money. I’ve used Star Lord, Bruce Banner, Shang-Chi, and Jubilee as unmasked Rangers before for toy photography. Works well enough.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:55 PM   #1626
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
They could actually just reuse some Marvel Legends figures. There are a few civilian-y figures in that line that you can just pop the Ranger heads on. Hasbro would only need to redo the neck / ball joint to make the Ranger heads fit better and give them colour appropriate decos and boom: easy money. I’ve used Star Lord, Bruce Banner, Shang-Chi, and Jubilee as unmasked Rangers before for toy photography. Works well enough.
Good idea but the question is will fans actually buy it? I'm sure they'd want outfits from the show.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:01 AM   #1627
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Pudgy Piggy now listed as 57.99 USD. About $73 Canadian.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...phin-pudgy-pig

Hasbro's logic behind this is nonsensical. The monsters are shelf-warming at $40 CAD ($45 depending on where you go). Why would people pay double for them (and more than double with shipping)? I get that there are accessories, but they aren't really great accessories. And to top it off, are they going to skimp on the paint like the other monsters?

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 07-23-2021 at 02:03 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:54 AM   #1628
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hasbro's logic behind this is nonsensical. The monsters are shelf-warming at $40 CAD ($45 depending on where you go). Why would people pay double for them (and more than double with shipping)? I get that there are accessories, but they aren't really great accessories. And to top it off, are they going to skimp on the paint like the other monsters?
Pudgy Pig has a very simple color scheme. What you see of the toy in pictures is 1:1 with how he looks in the show. Hasbro knows people have been wanting Pudgy Pig and it's an easy cash grab cause he requires alot less effort than the other monsters when it comes to paint and sculpt. Pudgy will definitely sell even at that price point cause MMPR purists have no self restraint.
Old 07-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #1629
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Pudgy Pig has a very simple color scheme. What you see of the toy in pictures is 1:1 with how he looks in the show. Hasbro knows people have been wanting Pudgy Pig and it's an easy cash grab cause he requires alot less effort than the other monsters when it comes to paint and sculpt. Pudgy will definitely sell even at that price point cause MMPR purists have no self restraint.
How do you know that this will be 1:1? Pretty much none of the figures in the line so far (specifically the monsters) have looked exactly like their promo pictures. There has always been paint missing etc. If they do add proper paint, is it still really worth that much?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:00 PM   #1630
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
The logic makes sense.

This isn't a mass release like the failed Monster Line figures.

This is an overpriced 'low quantity' exclusive directly to the niche fans willing to pay for it.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote