ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #1731
ssjgoku22
Mutant
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
Finster is back in stock. However, $40? Give me one good reason.
Damn, that's like quite a hike compared to a regular figure. I don't understand Hasbro's pricing with these figures. Imagine if they start pricing all of the rangers at $40 (I wouldn't buy anymore at that price)...
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 02:55 PM   #1732
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Damn, that's like quite a hike compared to a regular figure. I don't understand Hasbro's pricing with these figures. Imagine if they start pricing all of the rangers at $40 (I wouldn't buy anymore at that price)...
To be fair, Finster is all new sculpt. No re-use with a decent amount of accessories. I'm actually surprised they're only charging $40 for him and not $50. This one of those times where I can say this is fairly priced and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying what they're asking. If the upcoming price hike rumors are true we'll be paying $40 after tax per basic wave figure.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-26-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 03:21 PM   #1733
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
To be fair, Finster is all new sculpt. No re-use with a decent amount of accessories. I'm actually surprised they're only charging $40 for him and not $50. This one of those times where I can say this is fairly priced and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying what they're asking. If the upcoming price hike rumors are true we'll be paying $40 after tax per basic wave figure.
??? Why would they ever charge $50? He's a small monster, the same size as a ranger, a putty or a Tenga. Regardless of sculpt, the amount of plastic used to make the figure doesn't equal the price.

Mcfarlane's figures are larger than any of Hasbro's and cost $25-$30. Hasbro actually should provide the public with a reason as to why there are so many price hikes amongst all of their lines in less than a year.

$40 bucks per figure is robbery at this point. If it's headed in that direction, I'm done. I really only wanted to complete a Wild Force team, but there haven't been any inclinations that Hasbro is even making that them.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #1734
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
??? Why would they ever charge $50? He's a small monster, the same size as a ranger, a putty or a Tenga. Regardless of sculpt, the amount of plastic used to make the figure doesn't equal the price.

Mcfarlane's figures are larger than any of Hasbro's and cost $25-$30. Hasbro actually should provide the public with a reason as to why there are so many price hikes amongst all of their lines in less than a year.

$40 bucks per figure is robbery at this point. If it's headed in that direction, I'm done. I really only wanted to complete a Wild Force team, but there haven't been any inclinations that Hasbro is even making that them.
It's not just about how much plastic is used, it's also about how much tooling and sculpt the figure has. Finster is the most ambitious LC figure to date when it comes to sculpt, detail and tooling. The accessories also factor in as well. He comes with another set of hands, two tools that can be held on his apron, a brief case that can open, close and fit 3 removable putties. All of that is tooling that cost money. I'm not even trying to say it's fair that we pay as much as we do for these figures but if there was one figure in the line worth paying $40 it would be Finster. That's all I'm trying to say. Especially when compared to those mediocre monster figures and every other Ranger figure that just re-uses the same sculpt over and over again except for the head.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-26-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2021, 06:33 PM   #1735
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It's not just about how much plastic is used, it's also about how much tooling and sculpt the figure has. Finster is the most ambitious LC figure to date when it comes to sculpt, detail and tooling. The accessories also factor in as well. He comes with another set of hands, two tools that can be held on his apron, a brief case that can open, close and fit 3 removable putties. All of that is tooling that cost money. I'm not even trying to say it's fair that we pay as much as we do for these figures but if there was one figure in the line worth paying $40 it would be Finster. That's all I'm trying to say. Especially when compared to those mediocre monster figures and every other Ranger figure that just re-uses the same sculpt over and over again except for the head.
To be fair, with this logic, and given how drastically reused the moulds are for the Ranger figures, Hasbro should be charging far less for figures with reused parts and engineering, and we know that will never happen. I agree that Finster is fantastic, but Hasbro’s pricing policies are well past broken at this point.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:30 PM   #1736
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
To be fair, with this logic, and given how drastically reused the moulds are for the Ranger figures, Hasbro should be charging far less for figures with reused parts and engineering, and we know that will never happen. I agree that Finster is fantastic, but Hasbro’s pricing policies are well past broken at this point.
Oh no, I'm not denying that their pricing structure isn't broken. It certainly is and all the Rangers sharing the same bodies is the reason why I said I wouldn't mind paying $40 for Finster. I agree the Ranger figures should not be priced as high as they are. Especially with them owning the property. The price for PR should be one of their properties that doesn't see a price increase but here we are..
Old 08-31-2021, 04:32 PM   #1737
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Promotional photos for Ninja White and Ninja Pink (Kim) circulating on Twitter. No official word from hasbro. They were apparently on Amazon UK as a promotional photo NOT listed for sale. I think they might be ready to go, but hasbro has too many Power Ranger figures for preorder.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 06:15 PM   #1738
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Promotional photos for Ninja White and Ninja Pink (Kim) circulating on Twitter. No official word from hasbro. They were apparently on Amazon UK as a promotional photo NOT listed for sale. I think they might be ready to go, but hasbro has too many Power Ranger figures for preorder.
They have a TON of stuff that's not even coming out til late spring next year. Hasbro bit off more than they can chew. This is exactly why they're having all these distribution issues. Trying to rush too many figures into production and get'em out there despite factories still not running at 100% yet.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #1739
cloud
Master of the Universe

Wow.
It seems like there's quite a few confusion here.
Just because Hasbro owes Power Rangers now similar to GI Joe does not mean they will charge less.
A standard SRP is standard. You never know what factor ins the cost. For example, notice all the Power Rangers figures that shared tooling also comes with a unique actor portrait head sculpt. That cost money...
Also. these don't have build a figures or any incentive for customer to buy the full wave so Hasbro does run a risk.

Honestly I think the best way to run lightning collection is to do box sets on HasLab. I just don't see how the sales can go strong with the line.

For Finster, I think $40 feels okay. There are a couple of things mentioned such as a fully brand new tooling figure. THere's also paint deco that factures in. But most of all, the key thing is demand.How many people will buy him? How many stores will actually order him?
I can tell you the order numbers will very likely not be as high as the current season kids toys.

The hobby isn't going to get cheaper. Cost will go up, and price will go up. For better quality and maybe lesser production run.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 01:34 PM   #1740
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Has lab being the way to get these figures Is a terrible idea. It would cost even more for each box set than buying them separately. Alot of people want the entire MMPR villain crew. Fin is an amazon exclusive and he'll sell well. The line is still doing well otherwise there wouldn't be tons of product on preorder. The issue is it just takes a while for anything that isn't mmpr to clear off the shelves so things sit longer giving it the illusion it isn't doing well, at least in canada anyway. In the states its doing alot better than here and thats what ultimately matters.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-01-2021 at 01:38 PM.