ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #4121
Webs
Man of Spiders
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Just saw Shang-Chi, and I have a feeling those figures won't be pegwarming for much longer…

(It was a really good movie!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
It was an amazing film. I went and picked up a Xialing after seeing it, already had shang chi and Wenwu. I want a Razorfist, other than that I don't know if there is anyone else for them to make, so I don't see there being a wave 2.
Imagine paying for and supporting a pro china/CCP corporate product made by disney.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #4122
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Imagine paying for and supporting a pro china/CCP corporate product made by disney.
If the movie is good who cares?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #4123
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Dude, every single toy you buy is made in China. Probably everything else you buy too.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:50 PM   #4124
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
If the movie is good who cares?
I get what the OP was saying...

It would be like saying something made by slave labour is good quality so who cares (the Uyghurs come to mind in this instance) it's a tough line to balance on.

I've noticed a few films over the years where there are eye roll moments for films with a pro Chinese/CCP angle ie. Transformers...The Martian...Mulan etc

You watch it and all I can think of is why is there propaganda in this again...oh ya...money.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:08 AM   #4125
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
I get what the OP was saying...

It would be like saying something made by slave labour is good quality so who cares (the Uyghurs come to mind in this instance) it's a tough line to balance on.

I've noticed a few films over the years where there are eye roll moments for films with a pro Chinese/CCP angle ie. Transformers...The Martian...Mulan etc

You watch it and all I can think of is why is there propaganda in this again...oh ya...money.
There's been Propaganda in Hollywood films for years now. Nothing new.. I'd go more into detail but this isn't the place to discuss this kind of thing.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-05-2021 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:56 AM   #4126
Ksteel
Mutant

It's fine. Hollywood was bending over backwards to China before the Pandemic.. and even moreso now. That's where the world is headed.

That being said, so many good things come out of China that we've all taken advantage of, so it would be hypocritical to criticize the situation.

Also, OT but the Shangchi movie is getting really strong word of mouth, and shaping up to have a strong opening.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:07 AM   #4127
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
There's been Propaganda in Hollywood films for years now. Nothing new.. I'd go more into detail but this isn't the place to discuss this kind of thing.
For sure just giving some more recent examples.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #4128
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I know we've definitely strayed off topic here, but that "pro china/CCP corporate product" isn't even allowed to be screened in China lol

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/02/shan...-big-deal.html
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:00 PM   #4129
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

There is speculation that China is closing its boarders to NA influenced films and concentrating on their own theatrical productions. Similarly how they have shutdown Tesla from being sold in China and support built in China-Tesla clones for sale. Maybe in 2-3 years we could end up seeing Hollywood films less influenced by pro-China ideology.

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 12:17 PM   #4130
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

The Shang Chi movie looks more interesting than Spider Man No way Home. Spider Man is too much like Iron Man with all the different suits and using Starks tech. Basically Iron Man 2.0. i hate what the MCU did to Spider Man. Forever in Iron Mans shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
There is speculation that China is closing its boarders to NA influenced films and concentrating on their own theatrical productions. Similarly how they have shutdown Tesla from being sold in China and support built in China-Tesla clones for sale. Maybe in 2-3 years we could end up seeing Hollywood films less influenced by pro-China ideology.
Disney knows this and is trying to break into the Indian market because of it. It's why they have a Bollywood actor in The Eternals and a full on Bollywood dance performance in the film.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 09-05-2021 at 12:22 PM.