ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #81
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

At this point. No more new business from me. I'll just buy whatever is in stock, discounted.

Too much of a hassle dealing with him
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:10 AM   #82
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
At this point. No more new business from me. I'll just buy whatever is in stock, discounted.

Too much of a hassle dealing with him
I'd be careful with in stock items too. A while back I ordered an in stock item from him. After 2 and half weeks, nothing shipped, so I sent an email. He responded saying that the order "slipped his radar". I did eventually get it, but that was literally over 3 weeks after ordering the item. A lot of things seem to be slipping past his radar.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #83
cloud
Master of the Universe

Yikes....
I heard from a friend who visited the NMC physical store. Its pretty small.
Might be the case that the online store is a bit too much for 1 person or a small crew to handle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #84
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

PSA: The owner has launched another "Discount for Google Review" campaign as evidenced by the recent surge of positive reviews. If you have any friends in this hobby looking to do some holiday shopping, might be worthwhile to advise they steer clear of this one.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:53 PM   #85
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

“Not My Cyberstore”! Cancelled my orders and was forced to take leftovers with credit. Glad to put this awful experience behind me.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #86
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
?Not My Cyberstore?! Cancelled my orders and was forced to take leftovers with credit. Glad to put this awful experience behind me.
It's looking like I'm gonna have to go that route too.
Going on 16 months now.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:53 PM   #87
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
It's looking like I'm gonna have to go that route too.
Going on 16 months now.
16 months!!?!? holy crap. I'd have been on his ass after 3 months. I don't know how this guy stays in business playing fast and loose with his business like this. There was a figure on there that he had for a decent price during the Black Friday week sales that I wanted to get, but I'm not taking ZERO chances despite people saying he does tend to fulfill in stock orders. I'd rather avoid partaking in the fiesta that is dealing with him and order else where even if I gotta pay a bit more.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:35 PM   #88
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
16 months!!?!? holy crap. I'd have been on his ass after 3 months. I don't know how this guy stays in business playing fast and loose with his business like this. There was a figure on there that he had for a decent price during the Black Friday week sales that I wanted to get, but I'm not taking ZERO chances despite people saying he does tend to fulfill in stock orders. I'd rather avoid partaking in the fiesta that is dealing with him and order else where even if I gotta pay a bit more.
I did email him a year ago, got the typical "still waiting for the product" answer. Which I believe, because the 2 items I pre-ordered are sold out everywhere. They are both supposed to be re-released, but keep getting pushed back (Entertainment Earth has them listed for Feb and March 2022 now, so hopefully soon).

Thing is, when I first pre-ordered them, the pre-order was for the initial release. He either sold my allotment to someone else or didn't get enough product in to fill the orders. Of course I had to find that out myself though. So he's had my money now for that long and I have nothing to show for it. I understand that supply is not reliable the past 2 years, I just don't trust that he will ever
a) ship my items when they finally do come in, or
b) refund me if the re-issue gets cancelled outright
I don't trust that he keeps track of these things, and that I'll need to follow up on it myself. So to save myself the worry I think I'll just find some in-stock items and move on with my life. Once they come in stock at EE I'll just order from there.

Thing is, there's very little in stock at NMC that I want, and anything I am mildly interested in is available for lower prices elsewhere.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 10:11 AM   #89
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
I did email him a year ago, got the typical "still waiting for the product" answer. Which I believe, because the 2 items I pre-ordered are sold out everywhere. They are both supposed to be re-released, but keep getting pushed back (Entertainment Earth has them listed for Feb and March 2022 now, so hopefully soon).

Thing is, when I first pre-ordered them, the pre-order was for the initial release. He either sold my allotment to someone else or didn't get enough product in to fill the orders. Of course I had to find that out myself though. So he's had my money now for that long and I have nothing to show for it. I understand that supply is not reliable the past 2 years, I just don't trust that he will ever
a) ship my items when they finally do come in, or
b) refund me if the re-issue gets cancelled outright
I don't trust that he keeps track of these things, and that I'll need to follow up on it myself. So to save myself the worry I think I'll just find some in-stock items and move on with my life. Once they come in stock at EE I'll just order from there.

Thing is, there's very little in stock at NMC that I want, and anything I am mildly interested in is available for lower prices elsewhere.
You may have to request the refund and cut your losses on the BS restocking fee he charges (you know, the fee to restock the items he couldn't fulfill your order with)
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #90
cloud
Master of the Universe

This is my expensive with NMC.

The owner does offer some good discounts sometimes so I do check back.

And YES. Stuff that I order that are in stock shipped with no issues. Discounts also no issues. I had 1 order I had to wait for a week before it shipped but with the winter weather and pandemic / holidays. I get it.

For Hasbro MMPR stuff. I canceled my blue ranger. And will cancel my black ranger. I rather get store credit than wait for 2 years.... when I see other local stores have stock.

Same goes for the McFarlane DC figures. Waited for him until even everywhere else have stock until it's not all sold out... Canceled what I can find and hold onto the figures I can't find.

NECA Turtles are still not in stock , I get it. Same for all other stores.

What I find is you really have to be patient dealing with NMC.
I have to send multiple emails to get a response asking to combine my in stock toys from multiple orders to ship.