ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-12-2021, 08:24 PM   #4361
Sharkdog
Premium Blend
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah he was clearly a cash grab easy re-paint for Hasbro, and it was a pretty stupid character yeah who appeared in 1 issue, but Hasbro gonna Hasbro.

either way I said I wasn't going to buy him, but I couldn't kid myself his stupidness and the fun colors well they got me, I bought it.
And you’ll love him dearly!
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 08:27 PM   #4362
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkdog View Post
And you’ll love him dearly!
hahaha yeah honestly I'm diggin it, it's like Kool-aid color Spidey, I'm not feeling regret buying him
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:15 PM   #4363
Omega_M
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Well just wait and see how this turns out.

All the reported problems with the knees have me worried. Hopefully mine aren't too bad, but if they are that is going to be a sore spot for me, especially at $500+(Cdn).
I know your pain! $350 US for a large action figure doesn't seem too bad, but having to pay 30% more due to the Canadian Dollar exchange rate ... : (

Regarding the Sentinel knee issue, I'd like to ask my fellow collectors to contact CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com if they encounter the issue themselves, or if they have concerns about the HasbroPulse Galactus figure experiencing the same issue. I sent an e-mail to this address on September 16, 2021 to ask Hasbro to give serious consideration to investigating whether it is possible to install ratchet joints into the arms and legs of Galactus (as is done with large Transformers figures) to ensure the figure can be put into dynamic poses and retain its joint integrity over time. I never received an e-mail response. (I think Hasbro customer service may be prohibited from acknowledging that some Sentinel figures are experiencing weak legs due to a structural design/implementation issue.) Please consider that Hasbro is a toy company which has several recent years of experience in producing large, poseable robot figures, and that more expensive products should be subject to greater quality control checks. THANKS for looking out for your fellow collectors!

Last edited by Omega_M; 10-12-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Omega_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:21 PM   #4364
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Well just wait and see how this turns out.

All the reported problems with the knees have me worried. Hopefully mine aren't too bad, but if they are that is going to be a sore spot for me, especially at $500+(Cdn).
Apparently there's a very easy fix for it, as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmZlSQ59oI
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:42 PM   #4365
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Funny that they made a one off character from a Spidey Super Stories comic from the 70s.
Kind of like Compound Hulk
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:18 AM   #4366
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_M View Post
I know your pain! $350 US for a large action figure doesn't seem too bad, but having to pay 30% more due to the Canadian Dollar exchange rate ... : (

Regarding the Sentinel knee issue, I'd like to ask my fellow collectors to contact CustomerService@HasbroPulse.com if they encounter the issue themselves, or if they have concerns about the HasbroPulse Galactus figure experiencing the same issue. I sent an e-mail to this address on September 16, 2021 to ask Hasbro to give serious consideration to investigating whether it is possible to install ratchet joints into the arms and legs of Galactus (as is done with large Transformers figures) to ensure the figure can be put into dynamic poses and retain its joint integrity over time. I never received an e-mail response. (I think Hasbro customer service may be prohibited from acknowledging that some Sentinel figures are experiencing weak legs due to a structural design/implementation issue.) Please consider that Hasbro is a toy company which has several recent years of experience in producing large, poseable robot figures, and that more expensive products should be subject to greater quality control checks. THANKS for looking out for your fellow collectors!

There are ratchet joints in the knees, it is just that they don't engage properly.

Whether that is because of poor design, or poor manufacturing is still being discussed online.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:23 AM   #4367
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Apparently there's a very easy fix for it, as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmZlSQ59oI

Yeah I saw that fix.

There are a lot of posts online from people who said that the fix didn't work for them, worked only a little bit, or worked and then over time the knees went back to being loose.

Others have said their knees were fine, or only one knee was a problem. So it really seems to be a crap shoot on what kind of Sentinel you'll get.
Old 10-13-2021, 02:41 PM   #4368
dawingster
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Yeah I saw that fix.

There are a lot of posts online from people who said that the fix didn't work for them, worked only a little bit, or worked and then over time the knees went back to being loose.

Others have said their knees were fine, or only one knee was a problem. So it really seems to be a crap shoot on what kind of Sentinel you'll get.
Here's the DEFINITIVE video on the Sentinel knees and discusses the use of a DIY washer as a fix

Haslab Sentinel partial leg disassembly + updated knee fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_0zlYDEyo

Fix the knees In-depth steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUM-3ABedJY
dawingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #4369
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawingster View Post
Here's the DEFINITIVE video on the Sentinel knees and discusses the use of a DIY washer as a fix

Haslab Sentinel partial leg disassembly + updated knee fix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU_0zlYDEyo

Fix the knees In-depth steps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUM-3ABedJY
Yes I have seen this video as well.

The problem is that this guy got a Sentinel where parts of the leg that were supposed to be secured, weren't so it was easy for him to remove the necessary parts to add the washer on one leg, but it was much more difficult with the other. Some parts are also not meant to be removed so you run an even higher risk of damaging the Sentinel.

Also the washers he used were cut from the plastic of a Legends figure box and cut to fit. I don't have anywhere near that skill to even consider attempting that if line is wonky.

Also....MINE ARRIVED JUST 10 MINUTES AGO!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to open him up and see what's what.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:33 PM   #4370
fjjr
Super Friend

Anyone post about this yet?

https://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Wolver...&s=toys&sr=1-1
fjjr is offline   Reply With Quote