ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 12:12 PM   #111
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

i know a few people are up in arms about the SP theme wave, but its kinda growing on me. I already have the Wonder Twins, it would be nice to fill in the ranks
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #112
pud333
Master of the Universe

I really like the Crime Syndicate. I just hope it's not too hard to find, cause I need me some alter heroes!

And although I originally ruled out getting the smaller scale YJ toys, I might get them depending on what the C&C Hall of Justice looks like. If it's quality, I may splurge just so I can get it.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #113
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Rumor Time...

Well, DCUC waves 17 and 18 have both been revealed, and were pretty close to the rumors that had been circulating around the net starting late in 2010. Well, not surprisingly, we have some rumors starting to circulate regarding the 19th wave in the series....

According to forums on The Fwoosh, DCUC Wave 19 is planned to be a Golden Age wave featuring a few members of the JSA. To back up this claim, Toy Guru has stated the following over at the MattyCollector forums: "Wave 19 will actually have a handful of Golden Age characters."

Who would these characters be, you might ask? Well, speculation seems to point to us finally seeing Jay Garrick (Flash) as well as Wesley Dodds (Sandman) and a C&C Shaggy Man...

Again, these are just rumors for the time being, but remember, the last two lines ended up being pretty close to their original rumor lists as well! Take it with a grain of salt, but I've got to admit, I'd love to add Garrick and Dodds to my DCUC collection! :

Thoughts???

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #114
pud333
Master of the Universe

Personally, I don't particularly care for the JSA. However, I wouldn't mine a Jay Garrick flash in my collection. I won't be searching high and low for it; but if I see it on a shelf somewhere, I'll probably grab him.

Over the next few months there are so many new toys I want, I'm sort of glad I can take a DCUC pause after splurging for the complete Wave 16 recently.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #115
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

I love Jay, so hands down I'll be getting him first. Only thing, I hope they use the Deadman buck; and make him a little sleeker.

I think that was the one thing that was hurting the flash figure, to big of a body.

Last edited by CTO15; 02-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #116
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
I love Jay, so hands down I'll be getting him first. Only thing, I hope they use the Deadman buck; and make him a little sleeker.

I think that was the one thing that was hurting the flash figure, to big of a body.
Yeah, that's my biggest criticism, of the DCUC line in general. They've come out with more body types recently, but they need to utilize these better. Flash shoudln't be bulky. Superman should. etc. I would also like to see a larger variety of female sculpts too.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #117
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out the full range of products Mattel has awaiting DC fans this year thanks to the following Toy Fair video taken by our friends over at The Pop Culture Network....

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mandalor.../7/MvggvLCEsqc

Keep your eyes open for some more figures being released in the DCUC Legion of Superheroes 12-pack....

Facebook
Old 02-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #118
Drexl
Super Friend

Cannot wait for wave 18!!! Superfriends, Yeah!
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #119
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Got some DC Universe Classics Q&A reporting to take care of today, thanks to all the Ask Matty sessions that recently took place following Toy Fair. Read on to find out what Mattel had to say about everything from the Batman Legacy line to including Granny Goodness in DCUC and everything in between! Check it out:

From Toy Ark...

Q: The Young Justice Select Sculpt line by the 4H looks great! Is this line limited just to the Young Justice team, or are you able to include figures of their mentors and villains? The sculpts for this line by the 4H are very impressive, and the format is appealing with the inclusion of bases/accessories.

A: It isn’t limited in any sense, but we are going to concentrate for the most part on the members of Young Justice in this scale. Members of the Justice League will be offered but in the 4 ΒΌ-inch scale in the two-packs with their sidekick.

Q: The Batman Legacy line has massive potential since it includes figures from the movies, comics, and Arkham Asylum! The Arkham Asylum Batman was a very impressive sight to behold. Since he does don blue and gray in the game, will a blue/gray repaint be on the way soon?

A: Clearly a great repaint choice but nothing to confirm or announce quite yet.

Q: Is the Batman Legacy line meant to last through the 3rd Batman film by Chris Nolan? We ask this because this line does feature Movie Master figures(Gordon), and quite honestly, we want more figures! We think that the creation of this line is ample opportunity to release figures Movie Masters figures of Ras Al Ghul, ninja training Bruce Wayne, Michael Keaton Batman, et al, just to name a few.

A: More Movie Masters are on the way with at least one more two-pack themed for the previous Nolan Batman films, which will help lead us into the Dark Knight Rises line, which we can’t imagine won’t have it’s own Movie Master segment as well. We are just not ready to comment on 2012 product quite yet. We are well aware of fan demand for figures from the first movie in this line and we do aim to please!

From The Fwoosh...

Q: Will the DCUC 18 Bronze Tiger be the variant figure for that series? He was displayed with two heads but none of the figures were specifically marked as the series variant.

A: There will be a variant pack-out with each head, but both versions will come with both heads.

Q: This one is for Toy Guru – Sir, we heard that you are lamenting the fact that our dear old Granny Goodness was never able to appear in the JLU line. Wouldn’t the very best medicine for that ailment be a Granny Goodness figure in the DCUC line? She would make a great addition to our favorite DC line!

A: She certainly would. Even in the DCUC line she is a 100% tool and we only have one or two slots per year for a figure with this much tooling. She is a candidate for a slot like this, but just is not slotted in yet. Maybe down the road!

Interesting Q&A's if you ask me. What do you guys think?

Facebook
Old 03-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #120
pud333
Master of the Universe

I would love to see Granny Goodnes and her Furies in the DCUC line.