ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #331
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Hot Toys or other 1/6th goodness that makes our wallets cry

I could try that, but on Sideshow's website, they say they only ship to the billing address or work address. Maybe I could pretend I work in the states. There's also one on Craigslist that someone is selling, but he's asking way too much. I'm gonna offer retail + a bit extra and see if he bites. I really don't want to import this thing.

Last edited by pud333; 12-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #332
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpnoy View Post
Thanks for the reviews Carl! I still haven't opened up my HT Hawkeye (will be opening it on Christmas). I was hoping for a more favorable review but still looking forward to it!
I'm sure you'll love it. I just think with Monger and Batman coming in, poor Hawkeye got a little overshadowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen View Post
Awesome haul and reviews CTO15!

Monger is a beast! What a grail piece! I'm seriously considering expanding into the IM/Avengers line but it's just going to open Pandora's box. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on Hulk. But I have a feeling that's just not going to satisfy the completest in me. I don't think I'm quite ready to make that kind of financial commitment...yet.
yeah, definitely not for the faint of heart financially lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I could try that, but on Sideshow's website, they say they only ship to the billing address or work address. Maybe I could pretend I work in the states. There's also one on Craigslist that someone is selling, but he's asking way too much. I'm gonna offer retail + a bit extra and see if he bites. I really don't want to import this thing.
you could try BBTS, but they have it for $60 more

hopefully you find one man, it's an awesome piece. You will need a display case for it, dust collects on it like crazy
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #333
pud333
Master of the Universe

I sent sideshow an email asking if I could send it to a "friend's" address in the states. There's a place just across the border that will allow me to pay per package and use their address instead of a po box. So we'll see.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #334
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Old 12-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #335
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Also I found a pic of DX 12 on the batpod. So it's possible to make it look good

Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #336
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
that's a great pose!!
SuperPowerCollectbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 AM   #337
pud333
Master of the Universe

Sideshow says they can send to a US address, so I'll have to look into that. Still looking for a Canadian seller, so I'll keep scouring ebay and the like. Not in a super big hurry so we'll see. Regardless, it has now become a grail piece for me, so come hell or high water, I will own one eventually.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #338
aizen
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Sideshow says they can send to a US address, so I'll have to look into that. Still looking for a Canadian seller, so I'll keep scouring ebay and the like. Not in a super big hurry so we'll see. Regardless, it has now become a grail piece for me, so come hell or high water, I will own one eventually.
I think cmd is based in Canada. They have it in stock, but the price is $600 + shipping.

Have you tried your local hobby shops and comic stores? That probably your best bet.

Man, I really do need to stay off the internets for a while. Between this thread and the Freaks board, I'm starting to get tempted to pull the trigger on some of these figures. A local SS dealer has the tumbler for under $600 and don't think that I haven't thought about it lol.
aizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #339
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
I think cmd is based in Canada. They have it in stock, but the price is $600 + shipping.
CMD are based in Quebec, I've purchased from them in the past and had no issues
SuperPowerCollectbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #340
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:

Have you tried your local hobby shops and comic stores? That probably your best bet.

Man, I really do need to stay off the internets for a while. Between this thread and the Freaks board, I'm starting to get tempted to pull the trigger on some of these figures. A local SS dealer has the tumbler for under $600 and don't think that I haven't thought about it lol.
Yeah, I just saw that this morning. I have asked Sideshow for a shipping quote so we'll see. Someone told me Sideshow charged them $65 to ship to Ontario with another $50 paid to customs. If that's the case, that's still cheaper than CMD. Plus, if I'm paying that much, at least I know I wouldn't have problems if I got it with broken parts or whatever. (I've heard some stories). But at least that's an option for me. Thanks.