ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #381
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper
Re: Hot Toys or other 1/6th goodness that makes our wallets cry

I think this will help the discussion on here:

image sharing
SuperPowerCollectbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #382
pud333
Master of the Universe

lol. Wow. That was easy. I approached my fiance about it today and this is how it went:

Me: Um... you're going to hate me... but...
Her: If a giant plane shows up here, me and the baby are moving out.
Me: Really? *puppy dog eyes*
Her: Yes. How are we going to pay for it?
Me: It's not coming out for a long time, so I can save now.
Her: Fine. Whatever. Just get it. You're going to get it anyway, so whatever. Just get it.
Me: ... this is a trick isn't it?
Her: Next time you ask me something like that, you better have ice cream for me.

My fiance is the best!

So who else is planning on buying this badboy?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #383
ryceball89
Super Friend

I'd like to get it but i'm actually prioritizing the bat suit case (and suit i guess, don't want an empty case lol) and the iron man armoury.

Any news on pricing for the bat?
ryceball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #384
pud333
Master of the Universe

Because I'm getting the Bat, I think I may have to pass on the Armory, as much as I want it. I shouldn't get greedy.

I figure it will at least be as big as the Tumbler, but it is more complicated. So price wise... probably more than the Tumbler.

A photo someone posted elsewhere. I hope it comes with a stand. My concern is the arms and all the little bits.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #385
ninth
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I'm not sure about Captain America, but when I bought my Bat-pod from them, they sent me a payment request, but I didn't get it until nearly two and a half months after. They acknowledged their shipment was delayed by a couple weeks.
Whoa, two and a half months....
is that normal for Canadian retailers?

I just got an email back from urban samurai, they said they would be shipping Captain America out this week. I think they sent me the invoice on Dec 7th.
I'm glad I didn't pay right away or else I would be really pissed about it. I paid right before new years since they told me they wouldn't be arriving till after the new year.

Does SPC take about the same amount of time to have them in stock?
ninth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 AM   #386
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninth View Post
Whoa, two and a half months....
is that normal for Canadian retailers?

I just got an email back from urban samurai, they said they would be shipping Captain America out this week. I think they sent me the invoice on Dec 7th.
I'm glad I didn't pay right away or else I would be really pissed about it. I paid right before new years since they told me they wouldn't be arriving till after the new year.

Does SPC take about the same amount of time to have them in stock?
I don't think it's normal. I think SPC is much better than urban samurai. The Bat Pod is the only thing I've ever ordered from urban samurai, but I've been to the Ages3andup store, which is where I picked my package up. They're in business together.

I don't plan on ordering anything again from them unless places like SPC and Toys2 or Sideshow are sold out. They're my last resort.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #387
ninth
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I don't think it's normal. I think SPC is much better than urban samurai. The Bat Pod is the only thing I've ever ordered from urban samurai, but I've been to the Ages3andup store, which is where I picked my package up. They're in business together.

I don't plan on ordering anything again from them unless places like SPC and Toys2 or Sideshow are sold out. They're my last resort.
Good to know.
I only ordered a instock item from them once. Mark II AU, wasn't too happy they didn't use an extra box to ship it. They just used the original shipper box.

I have all my other Avenger HT PO at SPC, too bad the releases have all been delayed.
ninth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #388
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

I just got word Avengers Captain America will be coming to SPC on Friday!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #389
aizen
Red Shirt

From that HT teaser pic, the only ones that I'm seriously considering are Cavill Supes and the Bat Armory. Looking at all the upcoming products, it's good for Avengers/IM fans.

CTO15, thanks for the tip on the Granas table display on the Freaks board! I wasn't sure where to begin.

I bought a dremel and managed to lower the magazine shelf along with fitting the MDF board. I just got sick of the tables just sitting there and taking up space. I'm probably gonna phone around and see where I can have the acrylic glass cut. There's just no way I score and break those suckers without fudging something up.
aizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #390
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizen View Post
From that HT teaser pic, the only ones that I'm seriously considering are Cavill Supes and the Bat Armory. Looking at all the upcoming products, it's good for Avengers/IM fans.

CTO15, thanks for the tip on the Granas table display on the Freaks board! I wasn't sure where to begin.

I bought a dremel and managed to lower the magazine shelf along with fitting the MDF board. I just got sick of the tables just sitting there and taking up space. I'm probably gonna phone around and see where I can have the acrylic glass cut. There's just no way I score and break those suckers without fudging something up.
sweet! post pics when you finish it