ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 PM   #41
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Marvel 3.75" thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I was just going through my 3.75" collection yesterday, and I noticed just how well made the 25th anniversary GI Joe figures were (at least the ones that came out early on). I then compared them to the Marvel ones and lamented that they didn't seem to be as solid as the joes. I dunno, maybe I'm out of my mind or something, but it seems that the added articulation (eg: swivel biceps, swivel lower leg, etc) seems to actually be detracting from the figures. Could it be that over-articulation hurts the MUFF figures? Perhaps figures at this scale could use a little less articulation and detail? I'm curious what others think.
I have a couple of points.

1) The first waves tend to be the "weakest" since they still have to work out what doesn't work from what does.

2) Each line is different and comparing one to another isn't always fair.

3) The MU line is a mish-mash right now. Some figures have different articulation than others, rather than one standard style of body. I love the Silver Surfer, he is a great figure, solid, with articulation that really doesn't hurt the design/body.

4) More articulation isn't a bad thing per se, but I agree that lately articulation has been such an issue that it can hurt a figure/line. Although look at MU versus DCIH and tell me that articulation isn't important in today's market.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:03 PM   #42
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Found a single case at my local TRU (Vic Park/Lawrence). They were $10.99 each. I picked up a Deadpool just because, but the price is a little much for a whole wave.

I saw doubles of the yellow wolverine, & 1 each of brown wolverine, Maverick, Weapon X, Deadpool (gone now), Logan & army wolverine.
So you're the frakker stealing all the new toys from my local TRU huh? j/k

The TRU at Weston and Hwy 7 has a fairly good selection of these on a mini-stand inside the doors, stacked up there with the "Wolverine and the X-Men" cartoon figures.

That and the Wal-Mart at Sheppard and Kennedy and the remnants of a case when I was there the other night. Best bet right now seems to be to shop around for these.

Has anyone seen the MU figures 2nd wave anywhere but at FLGS's? I really don't want to pay for $14.99 for these figures when that is the same price some of the 6" figures can be found for.

Cheers,

Jamie
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #43
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
4) More articulation isn't a bad thing per se, but I agree that lately articulation has been such an issue that it can hurt a figure/line. Although look at MU versus DCIH and tell me that articulation isn't important in today's market.
Articulation definitely is important. I guess my feeling is that it definitely looks l ike Hasbro is sort of experimenting with the MUFF line, considering there is no standard body type yet. Personally, I think the amount of articulation the Joe figures have is pretty much perfect. I'm not sure the swivel bits help any, but if Hasbro can find a way to make it all work well, I'm all for it!
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #44
4lott
Master of the Universe

When ToyBiz first started their ML line body types varied also.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #45
4lott
Master of the Universe

More good news from Wal-Mart in Laval, QC. Did one more toy run this morning hoping to find some DCIH and to my surprise I saw i case of MU series 2 on the pegs! All on multilingual cards, the asst. included:
1 blue and red Spidey (darker blue than the last one and an improvement IMO) 1 Hand Ninja, 2 Classic Iron Man, 2 Black Spidey, 1 Green Hulk, 1 Thing, 1 Captain America, 1 Punisher (again, real improvement) 1 classic Ms. Marvel (or Dark Avengers, take your pick) and 1 modern Ms. Marvel. Happy hunting!
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #46
JTCh
Toku

I actually just noticed that some of these have double jointed knees, does any of them have double jointed elbows too?
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #47
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

I believe a lot of them do. I know ronin and spidey have them for sure.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #48
JTCh
Toku

Thanks! I gotta pick one up to play around with then
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:06 PM   #49
WildMike
Super Friend

I really like these figures. My sons and I have a great time battling Cobra with Spiderman and crew. My only problem is the inability to get Bullseye and Green Goblin here in Canada to give the Cobra's a couple of supervillains for their side. Anyone know a good internet retailer to order them from that will not cost a forture for a Canadian?
WildMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #50
pacinofan
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMike View Post
I really like these figures. My sons and I have a great time battling Cobra with Spiderman and crew. My only problem is the inability to get Bullseye and Green Goblin here in Canada to give the Cobra's a couple of supervillains for their side. Anyone know a good internet retailer to order them from that will not cost a forture for a Canadian?
Golden Age Toys (which is a Canadina site) had Bullseye available for 9.99 I think.
pacinofan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel universe