ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 07:23 AM   #4281
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Cobra ELL lol

I think that might confirm this is a KO Eel. All the pics and videos I have found online show the "locker" box for the accessories with the proper spelling of EEL.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:49 AM   #4282
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Yeah, I checked online videos and they say Eel. I saw a post on Facebook, but don't know if his was from Amazon or Ali Express.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:00 AM   #4283
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

My guess, I don't think it's a KO, rather Hasbro pulling batches for the misspelled boxes and dumpster divers reselling the unwanted goods.

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:02 AM   #4284
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Yeah, I checked online videos and they say Eel. I saw a post on Facebook, but don't know if his was from Amazon or Ali Express.

How's the quality of the figure and accessories?

Sometimes the KO actually is an improvement on the original like in the Transformers community where some official releases have issues that a KO actually corrects.

I know that the Eel is one of those Classified figures that has had some issues with QC. From the neck ball/joint especially.
Old 01-31-2024, 12:03 PM   #4285
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...Joe+O-ring&o=4

Not classified but BBTS put up the super7 o-ring wave 1 up for pre-order but no pictures posted.

$20usd, I will guess $30cad retail over here, hard pill to swallow for a 3.75 figure.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:26 PM   #4286
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

Classified 60th Recon Diver s already available on amazon.com

Nothing on .ca from what I can see

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-Classifie...?tag=enewsi-20
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:44 PM   #4287
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Here's some pics. I have no issue with the quality of the figure. It's better than some of the issues reported from people who got the original Amazon batch. The only thing tipping me off that this might not be exactly legit is the misspelling of Eel. Like someone mentioned, it could be a QC fail and instead of throwing them all away, they somehow find their way to these sellers.

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:02 PM   #4288
Primetyme
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
Here's some pics. I have no issue with the quality of the figure. It's better than some of the issues reported from people who got the original Amazon batch. The only thing tipping me off that this might not be exactly legit is the misspelling of Eel. Like someone mentioned, it could be a QC fail and instead of throwing them all away, they somehow find their way to these sellers.

Probably box is pirate facsimile.

However, the figure could have been pulled somewhere along the Hasbro factory conveyor belt or it had some minor QC issues and were pulled for disposal (but someone intercepted.)

So the pirates may have just created and packaged the box outside themselves.
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:59 PM   #4289
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetyme View Post
Probably box is pirate facsimile.

However, the figure could have been pulled somewhere along the Hasbro factory conveyor belt or it had some minor QC issues and were pulled for disposal (but someone intercepted.)

So the pirates may have just created and packaged the box outside themselves.

It could be a real product, or not. The sheer number of offerings on AliExpress makes me a bit skeptical.

It probably is a reproduction and they goofed on the spelling on the locker box. That seems to be the dead give away because otherwise it looks to be an exact replica.

The last decade has seen an explosion in reproductions of action figures. They have improved so much from the early days of G1 TF KOs that easily be seen as not original due to quality.

More and more these reproductions are being done in high quality factories, and I wouldn't be surprised in some of the original factories as well. So the figures are getting closer and closer to the real ones that in many cases you can't really tell the difference. This Eel looks to be one of those cases.

I remember when I was collecting Tamashii Nations Star Wars Samurai figures they were getting flooded with KOs that were really high quality. They of course had a few differences, mostly in the build quality of some of the smaller pieces, and the printing on the box, but not so much so that the average person would notice. The boxes were also exact replicas of the official products except for missing the holo-foil sitcker. And this was almost 10 years ago, and they were plentiful on AliExpress.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:04 PM   #4290
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

This figure looks legit enough to me. As much as Ali express is known for KO's I really don't see why sellers on there can't get their hands on legit products. I mean all of this stuff is made in China. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't people in these factories doing all kinds of things like reporting batches as missing so they can sell it or whatever else. The molds for these figures from official companies don't just fall into the laps of these KO companies without someone getting it to them just as these Chinese sellers don't just get batches of figures from thin air.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-31-2024 at 07:08 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote