ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #51
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Re: What do you have on Pre-order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCh View Post
Where do you put all of them though? I am already running out of room and I still have tons of unopened figures. That's the primary reason why I decided that I have to slow down and really think before I get something.
I'm running out of room too, I stopped buying figmas regularly now unless some release stands out to me or I like the character. Figuarts take up my budget and space and I'm trying to slow down on that too. I have 40-50 Figuarts now I think.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #52
Icetron
Master of the Universe

My October list:
Figuarts Amazon, DOTM Cyberverse Roadbuster and Flak [AmiAmi]
Figuarts Knight [HLJ]
Figuarts Greeed Gamel ?? [Yokatta Middleman]

November:
Figuarts Greeed Mezul ?? [Yokatta]

December:
Figuarts Den-O Climax Form, figma Black Rock Shooter GAME Version [AmiAmi]

There's some stuff I want in between these releases for sure, but I will not be preordering. Trying to get out of the preordering loop.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #53
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
I'm running out of room too, I stopped buying figmas regularly now unless some release stands out to me or I like the character. Figuarts take up my budget and space and I'm trying to slow down on that too. I have 40-50 Figuarts now I think.
Figmas are next on my list of stuff to cut back on. I don't really even watch Anime, but I find some of the characters I buy just because I'm like, "Hey, she has a gorilla arm? I have no idea why, but that's cool as shit! Preordered!" Then I get the Amiami invoice and it's like, um, wait, wut?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #54
JTCh
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Figmas are next on my list of stuff to cut back on. I don't really even watch Anime, but I find some of the characters I buy just because I'm like, "Hey, she has a gorilla arm? I have no idea why, but that's cool as shit! Preordered!" Then I get the Amiami invoice and it's like, um, wait, wut?
Hahaha ya how many times have I fallen for that too. And especially during sales, I bought many DOTM TF's on impulse which I still haven't open now.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #55
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Hahaha ya how many times have I fallen for that too. And especially during sales, I bought many DOTM TF's on impulse which I still haven't open now.
DOTM had so many sales, I never paid full price for anything except the Deluxe Prime...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 AM   #56
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
DOTM had so many sales, I never paid full price for anything except the Deluxe Prime...
and there is another one (40% off voyagers at TRU), so it's a never ending cycle
Old 10-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #57
pud333
Master of the Universe

Jeebus how many of those did hasbro make? That's all I see these days: pegs flooded with DOTM. Meanwhile there is nothing else other than Star Wars. That's partly why I'm so jaded on N. American toys these days. I remember when I was a kid you could find pegs and pegs of various lines in healthy quantities. These days toy stores won't carry anything without a major tv or movie push. And on top of that the quality gets worse and prices go higher.

End nerd rant.

Back on topic, my preorders are getting ridiculous. Companies like bandai don't like to have excess stock shelf warming so they make smaller quantities and I am paranoid if I don't preorder now, I'll never find that toy again for a decent price.

Last edited by pud333; 10-06-2011 at 11:34 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #58
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:

End nerd rant.

Back on topic, my preorders are getting ridiculous. Companies like bandai don't like to have excess stock shelf warming so they make smaller quantities and I am paranoid if I don't preorder now, I'll never find that toy again for a decent price.

that's the same with me and Hot Toys
Old 10-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #59
JTCh
Toku

Quote:

I do this too, although I noticed I never regret buying a Japanese toy, not the same with all these DOTM impulse stuff I have lying around though
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #60
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I do this too, although I noticed I never regret buying a Japanese toy, not the same with all these DOTM impulse stuff I have lying around though
The only Japanese toys I regret not buying right away when I first want it, are the Macross ones. They make such a limited quantity sometimes. Biggest regret: balking at paying $50 for the super deformed VF-25F toy. At the time, I was like, "$50 for a 5 inch valkyrie? Whatever." But now I'm like, "WTF? $300 for a 5 inch Valkyrie? FML." The Macross Frontier valkyrie I just preordered sold out within a few hours of the preorders coming online. So yeah, that's the only thing I would regret. Figmas and Revoltech aren't that big of a deal.

Tags
pre-orders 2011