ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-03-2024, 02:27 PM   #21
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper
Re: Your worst figure purchase in 2023?

Just opened the Black Series Magna Guard that was delivered to my house back in December. An absolutely terrible figure. Awful quality control on this. Overall the figure just feels like cheap plastic garbage. Falls apart worse than some of my RG model kits. Would not recommend unless you can get for very cheap - like $5 cheap. At least my preorder was $9 from Walmart so I can live with it. After opening this I am never preordering anything from Hasbro again. On the plus side it doesn't look too bad once you finally get it standing and holding the staff, just never touch it again.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 07:07 PM   #22
Webs
Man of Spiders

The McFarlane DC Multiverse Mongul megafig.
It's just mediocre and feels like the kind of figure you get to check off a list of characters you want, not a good or fun figure you want to pose around and display.

I paid well below full price, but if I had waited, I could get it even cheaper.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 07:37 PM   #23
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyguy99 View Post
Just opened the Black Series Magna Guard that was delivered to my house back in December. An absolutely terrible figure. Awful quality control on this. Overall the figure just feels like cheap plastic garbage. Falls apart worse than some of my RG model kits. Would not recommend unless you can get for very cheap - like $5 cheap. At least my preorder was $9 from Walmart so I can live with it. After opening this I am never preordering anything from Hasbro again. On the plus side it doesn't look too bad once you finally get it standing and holding the staff, just never touch it again.
Ehh, that sucks man, as this was a figure I was really looking forward to. What's the range of motion on the hips like?
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 12:04 AM   #24
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Ehh, that sucks man, as this was a figure I was really looking forward to. What's the range of motion on the hips like?
There's not a lot of range of motion in the hips. It's similar to a battle droid but maybe a bit better. I didn't play with it too much because even when warmed up in hot water it felt like any of the joints may snap. The feet hamper the pose ability a lot. It doesn't look bad once you can get it posed but it is not a fun figure to play with and feels disappointing in hand. I was looking forward to this as well but it is a frustrating figure.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 09:10 AM   #25
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
The McFarlane DC Multiverse Mongul megafig.
It's just mediocre and feels like the kind of figure you get to check off a list of characters you want, not a good or fun figure you want to pose around and display.

I paid well below full price, but if I had waited, I could get it even cheaper.
Same with me. Also regretted my mcfsrlane bst whirlybird purchase. It has nonway to lock in figures that sit on it
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 03:47 PM   #26
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyguy99 View Post
There's not a lot of range of motion in the hips. It's similar to a battle droid but maybe a bit better. I didn't play with it too much because even when warmed up in hot water it felt like any of the joints may snap. The feet hamper the pose ability a lot. It doesn't look bad once you can get it posed but it is not a fun figure to play with and feels disappointing in hand. I was looking forward to this as well but it is a frustrating figure.
Thanks for the confirmation friend. I will definitely heed your advice and wait for this to go on sale.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 03:50 AM   #27
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Definitely Spiderwoman in the "retro" wave. I knew it sucked looking at the promo pics but I wanted a Jessica Drew and I didn't want pay more for the skrull 2 pack for her classic look.

Now she's being discounted/clearanced on Amazon and I should have waited but nope my brain is like "You need it now"
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:41 AM   #28
Dangard Ace
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
Definitely Spiderwoman in the "retro" wave. I knew it sucked looking at the promo pics but I wanted a Jessica Drew and I didn't want pay more for the skrull 2 pack for her classic look.

Now she's being discounted/clearanced on Amazon and I should have waited but nope my brain is like "You need it now"
The Skull 2 pack is $24usd on Hasbro Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/has...d-super-skrull
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:57 PM   #29
Vchipp
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
The Skull 2 pack is $24usd on Hasbro Pulse.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/has...d-super-skrull
Thanks. I don't have Pulse Premium so the shipping might be too much, but I definitely check it out.
Vchipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 10:56 PM   #30
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vchipp View Post
Thanks. I don't have Pulse Premium so the shipping might be too much, but I definitely check it out.
Pulse shipping is free to Canada over $100 usd or so. Obviously not worth it for one item, but if there are a few things it can end up less than Canadian retail prices on occasion.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote