ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-20-2023, 02:26 PM   #5671
Nixle
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Pyke Soldier & Tusken Chieftain from BOBF is shipping out from Gamestop
Nixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:51 PM   #5672
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Was surprised to find the new Ahsoka at my local GS. Didn't really want to spend the money now on her as I wanted to save money for boxing day sales but she was there and I didn't want to have to pay shipping(as she's not on amazon yet) so I grabbed her. I really like her but I don't like how her head articulation sucks. Any how decided to snap some pics(which is a first for me) with her and SHF Ani. They look good together. My SHF kenobi Vader also came in too( I know Not black series but I really wanted to have an excuse to post a picture of him. He just looks so damn good.) Best Vader at 6 inch scale imo.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 12-22-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 04:57 PM   #5673
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Was surprised to find the new Ahsoka at my local GS. Didn't really want to spend the money now on her as I wanted to save money for boxing day sales but she was there and I didn't want to have to pay shipping(as she's not on amazon yet) so I grabbed her. I really like her but I don't like how her head articulation sucks. Any how decided to snap some pics(which is a first for me) with her and SHF Ani. They look good together. My SHF kenobi Vader also came in too( I know Not black series but I really wanted to have an excuse to post a picture of him. He just looks so damn good.) Best Vader at 6 inch scale imo.
Wicked! What's the range of motion like for Ahsoka's Upper legs/ hips? I saw on a video that she doesn't have thigh swivels.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 07:00 PM   #5674
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Wicked! What's the range of motion like for Ahsoka's Upper legs/ hips? I saw on a video that she doesn't have thigh swivels.
It's decent. You can get nearly full splits with her and can do most poses you'd want to with her although it requires fiddling with the boot swivel and ankle rockers since there's no thigh swivel. Funny enough her lower half actually functions better than her upper half which is where all the issues with her lie. Awful head articulation due to her leku hindering it. Barely can move side to side, no up and down or tilt whatsoever. Ab crunch only goes back and barely can move forward. No butterfly joint and no double jointed elbows. Despite this she's still a nice figure but not a great one. I'd love to see another company like revoltech or bandai have a crack at her one day and give her the articulation a character like her needs. It's such a shame too cause Hasbro did such a good job on the sculpt.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #5675
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It's decent. You can get nearly full splits with her and can do most poses you'd want to with her although it requires fiddling with the boot swivel and ankle rockers since there's no thigh swivel. Funny enough her lower half actually functions better than her upper half which is where all the issues with her lie. Awful head articulation due to her leku hindering it. Barely can move side to side, no up and down or tilt whatsoever. Ab crunch only goes back and barely can move forward. No butterfly joint and no double jointed elbows. Despite this she's still a nice figure but not a great one. I'd love to see another company like revoltech or bandai have a crack at her one day and give her the articulation a character like her needs. It's such a shame too cause Hasbro did such a good job on the sculpt.
Thanks for the info dude! Much appreciated! That she has boot swivels is redeeming to me, but I agree on all your points, especially about Revoltech taking her on. I passed on the figure last week (in favour of some Classified stuff...better value), but I will snap her up next time, for sure.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 02:52 PM   #5676
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Today, I decided to just swap Baylan's legs with Reva's like others have done. I'm surprised what a big difference it makes. Here's some comparisons.

Before the swap compared to Shin.

After the swap

Before compared to other Inquisitors (he's shorter than the Grand Inquisitor)

After the swap, he's at least as tall as him.

He's even taller than Marrok now.

And here's how Reva looks with Baylan's legs. She's much shorter now. Have to decide what I'll do with her later.

nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 05:41 PM   #5677
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Looks good. Still so disappointing how Hasbro dropped the ball like that. Oh well. Off to Rosses and ollies those two will go.. well at least state side. Here they will be rotting on a peg near you at full price.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:42 PM   #5678
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I put this together so I don't waste the Reva left overs.

She's very short though so I have to leave her arms bent to not make her arms look extremely long.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:43 PM   #5679
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
I put this together so I don't waste the Reva left overs.

She's very short though so I have to leave her arms bent to not make her arms look extremely long.
Who says her species arms aren't normally that long? She's already got four eyes.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:14 PM   #5680
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Who says her species arms aren't normally that long? She's already got four eyes.
Good point.