ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-19-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
comicbookboy
Cobra Trooper
Angry Young children who touch your figures without permission

Do you have any young siblings, cousins, friends that will go to wherever your figures are and either play with them, steal them or break them without your permission?

How do you deal with situations like this?

I recently had a family friend about 4 who stole 2 mini lego figures guys while I was taking a shower. I didn't even know he came. But I just knew who would have taken them.

When I went to my room instantly knew they were gone and that made me panic and get pissed.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #2
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Young children who touch your figures without permission

Talk to his/her parents, but show some empathy. If you don't know for sure don't accuse, just ask.

If the kid is just 4 years old I'm pretty sure he/she might not get the concept that toys aren't for playing with.

Also if he/she comes over often make a special shelf(or box) or something of toys they can play with similar to what they are interested in from you.

For instance if it is Lego they like pick up a $15 Star Wars army builder pack, or an inexpensive Marvel set that is just for them when they come over.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Arzon76
Super Friend
Arzon76's Ebay Auctions

Yeah I usually just keep extra toys around in my basement off to the side for when my kids friends or whatever come to play. That way everything that's in there can be used for whatever. But I usually like to show off my display of certain items to kids. Haha. They usually get pretty excited to see whats in the glass case or whatever. And I kindly let them know that those ones are just for show.
Arzon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
cloud
Master of the Universe

I have not yet had issues with kids playing with my collection. Most of them don't really interest young kids. They are too young to grasp the appeal of female statues with big boobs. XD Jokking of course!
Basically the only kid that visits me is my nephew who is 7 year old now. What gets his attention is my minimates Batcave/Wayne Manor which is a building blocks playset so even if he breaks it I just need to assemble it again. Gives me a chance to clean off some dust too.
Kids in general like physically interesting stuff like a Rock band set which in there eyes are "toy guitars" and "toy drums" that they can play with or toys with light up features and sound effects. So if you have a talking R2D2 or a talking movie Green Lantern like I do then they will constantly get played with.

As for my LEGOS they are usually left on some top shelf space so they are most of the time safe.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #5
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

I'll be honest. I hate kids. I do. They suck. They're noisy, they annoy me, they eat their boogers; all in all they give me the heebie jeebies. If I know one is coming over, like my 2 year old niece, I wrap my lower shelves in wrapping paper. So, basically, I hide my stuff.

I also do this occasionally when adults come over, cause, I'll be honest; I hate adults too. I do. They suck. They're noisy, they annoy me, they drink and smoke and then look at me like I'm the one who wastes my money on an unhealthy obsession.

I also hate my cats. And dust. And sunlight.

Think I might need to start construction on my underground, fortified, self contained bio-dome soon.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper

Haha, that last post was funny!
Hiding temptation is a good idea. So is havin decoy toys around to distract. I have to deal with the same thing so you are not alone buddy. Try not to let it upset you
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I'll be honest. I hate kids. I do. They suck. They're noisy, they annoy me, they eat their boogers; all in all they give me the heebie jeebies. If I know one is coming over, like my 2 year old niece, I wrap my lower shelves in wrapping paper. So, basically, I hide my stuff.

I also do this occasionally when adults come over, cause, I'll be honest; I hate adults too. I do. They suck. They're noisy, they annoy me, they drink and smoke and then look at me like I'm the one who wastes my money on an unhealthy obsession.

Think I might need to start construction on my underground, fortified, self contained bio-dome soon.
U NEED HELP...SERIOUS HELP....
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #8
dinga
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post

+1 on this. I totally agree.

Welcome to my world.
dinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #9
Sam
Red Shirt

More then once...

Cousin kids took my black PoC Hiss Tank to play. Ended up breaking the canopy. Wish he was interested in the Crimson Hiss instead, at least I have 2 of them. lol

Another time he took my Walmart movie Iron Man and keeps banging it on the ground. I even tried to trade him a still in package 3.75" Avengers Iron Man. No luck, lost both shoulderpads.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
w0nd
Cobra Trooper

I witness this happen to my friends but never me. Sometimes parents are the worst lol their kids are destroyign lego cities or figures on display, and the only words that come out of their mouth is "no sweetie don't do that...." and that's the extent of it. I don't invite people with kids over
w0nd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angry, hulk, steal, touch