ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 10-08-2020, 11:16 PM   #21
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Star Wars Black 332nd Ahsoka’s Clone Trooper Released in Canada

I dunno.

This figure was only released 3-4 days ago and is shipping to Walmarts by the case. Most the country hasn’t even seen the product yet.

I feel like the concern is unwarranted at this time

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:21 PM   #22
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman82 View Post
Well the difference is that for display purposes 2, 3, 4, 5, or 10 clones isn't unheard of. But how is displaying three maces next to each other make any sense? That's the idea.. If a saw a guy walking out with 5 vaders i'd be pissed.. but if he was walking out with 5 clones i can't say much cause some people want alot of them. I myself have 1 but im even considering getting 2 more because of how i want to display them.

Walking out with 4 clones or 4 ahsokas is very different.
Until you wanna make a Vader Barbershop quartet. And yes I made one...

I have a buddy who owns 3 Ahsokas cause he made them different ways... That's wrong apparently?

And I wasn't displaying 3 Mace side by side, people can use them to customize or buy for friends who can't find them, have siblings who collect or like that character... There's lots of reasons why just like how people like to army build. If one is acceptable all reasons should be acceptable, there is no difference. You don't know their intentions are so judging others because of that feels pointless and misguided.

I routinely walk out of stores with multiples of things esp rare figures and apparently if you saw that you'd be mad. I routinely do the things above and even offer them up to some groups I'm on FB with at cost... Hell I've done numerous USA runs for exclusives and come back with 15, 20 or even 25 figures. I've kept 1.

Robimus Edit: No Insults, Even In Jest. Thanks

Last edited by Robimus; 10-08-2020 at 11:26 PM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:42 PM   #23
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

There was a Walmart North in the next town that had 6 last I checked Stocktrack a couple hours ago, now it shows 0.

Link for Amazon Exclusive Holiday Mandalorian
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #24
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I have a question about using Stocktrack.ca. Let's say I have 10 Walmarts on my area and usually when using the UPC for say the next wave of Black Series, they would list all 10 stores either limited, in stock or out of stock. Well, I tried the UPC for the Clone Trooper and they only list 4 Walmarts showing out of stock. If the other 6 Walmarts on my area are not listed, does that mean those Walmarts will not have them at all?

Old 10-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #25
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
It’s a tricky line. If it’s a hard to find figure, it’s understandable if people are upset over someone having 3-5. Do we really need one to open, one to display and one to hide away? BUT, if it’s that persons money, then who are we to dictate how they spend anything?
I myself always army build, but I try and source from online retailers instead of in store, so people on the hunt have figures to buy. Everyone’s a little different.
I like that. You are doing what you want but still being respectful of other collectors. I personally just buy 1 of a character and only select ones that I like. and im an opener so damaged boxes don't bother me so when I do buy I tend to try and take the most damaged box and leave the clean ones for the MIB collectors. I'm sure a few people out there have me to thank for mint boxes in their collection lol.
Bman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:52 AM   #26
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwave View Post
I have a question about using Stocktrack.ca. Let's say I have 10 Walmarts on my area and usually when using the UPC for say the next wave of Black Series, they would list all 10 stores either limited, in stock or out of stock. Well, I tried the UPC for the Clone Trooper and they only list 4 Walmarts showing out of stock. If the other 6 Walmarts on my area are not listed, does that mean those Walmarts will not have them at all?
from my understanding if it doesn't show then that Walmart won't Carry it. And I find it to be very accurate. Like almost to the minute. But if it shows stock and you don't see it in the store its either hidden, somewhere else, in the back, or on the floor in a box still. For these clones my Walmart showed 6 but I spent 20minutes looking around till I found the case. Pulled one and left the rest on the shelve where they were supposed to be.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #27
Bman82
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Until you wanna make a Vader Barbershop quartet. And yes I made one...

I have a buddy who owns 3 Ahsokas cause he made them different ways... That's wrong apparently?

And I wasn't displaying 3 Mace side by side, people can use them to customize or buy for friends who can't find them, have siblings who collect or like that character... There's lots of reasons why just like how people like to army build. If one is acceptable all reasons should be acceptable, there is no difference. You don't know their intentions are so judging others because of that feels pointless and misguided.

I routinely walk out of stores with multiples of things esp rare figures and apparently if you saw that you'd be mad. I routinely do the things above and even offer them up to some groups I'm on FB with at cost... Hell I've done numerous USA runs for exclusives and come back with 15, 20 or even 25 figures. I've kept 1.

Robimus Edit: No Insults, Even In Jest. Thanks
Yeah I hear ya. Thats fair enough I totally agree. There is nothin wrong with taking a bunch if you customize, or if you open, keep one MIB and then another for trades. Whatever the reason you do you But I can be upset if a see someone walk out with the whole case lol. Not enough to say something though cause really its not my place to say anything. The figures aren't mine until I buy them but Id take it as a you snooze you lose moment and move on to find it somewhere else. I think the real issue here is 6 per location.. and not even all locations. Like really? its a Walmart exclusive and you only sell 6 per store? Walmart wanted an exclusive so they could make chump change? 12 would have made more sense.. from what im seeing soon as they are In store they sell out in 1-2 days. Walmart is missing out by not putting more exclusives on the shelves.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:59 AM   #28
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
from my understanding if it doesn't show then that Walmart won't Carry it. And I find it to be very accurate. Like almost to the minute. But if it shows stock and you don't see it in the store its either hidden, somewhere else, in the back, or on the floor in a box still. For these clones my Walmart showed 6 but I spent 20minutes looking around till I found the case. Pulled one and left the rest on the shelve where they were supposed to be.
This was my exact experience as well. And yes, if the store isn't listed, it will not be receiving the exclusives, which sucks. Only 2 out of 6 stores in my region will have them.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #29
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
This was my exact experience as well. And yes, if the store isn't listed, it will not be receiving the exclusives, which sucks. Only 2 out of 6 stores in my region will have them.
I only know of 4 stores then and they are pretty far from me.

Old 10-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #30
Drewton
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. Thats fair enough I totally agree. There is nothin wrong with taking a bunch if you customize, or if you open, keep one MIB and then another for trades. Whatever the reason you do you But I can be upset if a see someone walk out with the whole case lol. Not enough to say something though cause really its not my place to say anything. The figures aren't mine until I buy them but Id take it as a you snooze you lose moment and move on to find it somewhere else. I think the real issue here is 6 per location.. and not even all locations. Like really? its a Walmart exclusive and you only sell 6 per store? Walmart wanted an exclusive so they could make chump change? 12 would have made more sense.. from what im seeing soon as they are In store they sell out in 1-2 days. Walmart is missing out by not putting more exclusives on the shelves.
Considering Walmarts were only getting one Kamino clone per store at a time I was actually pleasantly surprised each got six of these lol.
Drewton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ahsoka, clone, trooper