ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
pud333
Master of the Universe
Action Figure Stands Review

So I've been getting a few inquiries about the stands I use for my toys, so I decided to just do a general thread where people can add their 2 cents and even suggest other stand options.

First off, is the simple protech stands. I use these for my 3.75" figures. They work for most 3.75" figures, from Marvel Universe to GI Joes and Star Wars. You can get them in clear (which I prefer) or solid black, and you can find these virtually anywhere, most notably wholesalecases.com, ebay, etc.

Next up are the Obitsu Body Stands. These are stands suitable for 3.75" figures all the way up to 6" figures. I use these as my standard flight stands. You get multiple length attachments, along with three different grip sizes. You can get these stands in various colors, but I prefer the clear ones. They are surprisingly sturdy, and can hold a decent amount of weight.

As you can see, you can pull off some nice dynamic poses.

Even Transformers can be posed.

If you have some figures that need an extra hand in standing, you can use the additional attachment that allows for easy vertical posing.

If you mix and match with the protech stands, you can set up some nice displays for your teams!

You can find these stands at various places. I got mine at HLJ.com, but they are no longer carrying the clear stands. I did a quick check, and if you search for "Obitsu Stands," or "Obitsu Body Stands" you can find them at other online stores and on Ebay, though prices vary. At the time, the cheapest place for me was HLJ.com. There are other flight stands available, like the ones Mattel sells, but I find these to be the most versatile. Some assembly is required, but all you need is a small screwdriver.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
racerguy76
Agent of Shield
Re: Action Figure Stands Review

This one picked up at a comic store in town here(now closed..boo). They black stand is coated metal with a plastic frame and the stands have magnets in them and have two diffrent size pegs. I quite like the set and enjoy sticking attacking ninjas to the fridge.

www minimagstands com

edit - or maybe not as it looks like the website account has been suspended. Well that it too bad.

________
Medical Marijuana San Clemente. Ca.

Last edited by racerguy76; 05-15-2011 at 02:29 AM.
racerguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Very informative thread Pud!

I picked up a few Entertainment Earth stands (in grey unfortunately) but the price was right so i got them. They work really well for all 3.75" figures I've tried (GI Joe, Marvel, WO, Star Wars) except some of the DC figures.

Those flight stands are pretty awesome and will definately be picking some of those up sometime in the future!

Does anyone have any experience with the Mattel flight stands?
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

I use mostly the protech but do plan on getting some Obitsu Body Stands

A Man in a Kilt is a Man and a Half
"There is no better High then cracking open a new figure"
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
Very informative thread Pud!

I picked up a few Entertainment Earth stands (in grey unfortunately) but the price was right so i got them. They work really well for all 3.75" figures I've tried (GI Joe, Marvel, WO, Star Wars) except some of the DC figures.

Those flight stands are pretty awesome and will definately be picking some of those up sometime in the future!

Does anyone have any experience with the Mattel flight stands?
Thanks!

I too would also like to know how the Mattel flight stands are if anyone cares to pipe in.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
Icetron
Master of the Universe

There's also di:stages.

I finally got around to trying out the expansion set (basically the vertical poles) yesterday.

The recangular bases come one in a pack, with one plastic grippy claw.

The expansion set comes with 4 smaller poles, 4 larger ones and a lot of connectors.

The only real downside is that they cost $5 each so you would have to spend on both packs if you wanted more height. The plus side is that you can build as much as you want.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
JTCh
Toku

Love the riders!
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action figure stands